“Really Nice!!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Sintra, Lisboa, Portugal
“Really Nice!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

The room is really big!! One of the best hotels where I've been during my USA trip.. The reception staff was really helpful and nice. We went to the biggest zoo in the world which is in San Diego. It's close to the hotel.. The hotel is well located. At night on the parallel street you'll find a lot of restaurants.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank FilipadoO
bristolMGR, General Manager at The Bristol Hotel, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear FilipadoO,
Thank you for a great review. We appreciate your feedback and are so pleased to hear you enjoyed the convenient location of our hotel, which is close to all of the downtown attractions, including the San Diego Zoo, Petco Park, the Gaslamp and much more. There are also Bus and Trolley stops located directly outside the hotel! We are also glad that you enjoyed our spacious accommodations and helpful staff during your stay.

Thank you for selecting the Bristol Hotel and have a safe journey home!

Regards,
Bristol Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
Manama, Bahrain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

The room was clean, well furnished, quiet and decently sized. We had a very good stay here. The main Gaslamp restaurants are on the 5th Avenue which is about half a mile from Bristol. So if you have walking issues choose a hotel closer to 5th Avenue. Usually, you will be spending all your nights at the Gaslamp. It's really a nice area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nst4
Dear nst4,
Thank you for your review! We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our accommodations to be spacious, clean, quite and well-furnished!
Our hotel is located just 4 short blocks From the Gaslamp District and we are also close to Petco Park, Little Italy, the waterfront and much more! Our attentive and friendly staff will gladly give you directions and points of interests to make your stay enjoyable.

On behalf of the Bristol Team, thank you for selecting the Bristol Hotel.

doha
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

We stayed for a week in the Bristol hotel in August after reading good reviews about this hotel on tripadvisor.However,we were a little disappointed for the hotel in terms of the room size and service,especially by the front desk staff,who were just not interested in greeting us!
In terms of location,this hotel is quite central and provides easy access to a lot of the attractions.

If however,we have to go back to San Diego,we will not be going back to the Bristol and will definetly be looking elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Dee K
bristolMGR, General Manager at The Bristol Hotel, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear Dee K,
Thank you for your comments regarding your August stay. I was reviewing my reviews for the year and I inadvertently overlooked your acknowledgement, I apologize for not responding sooner.

Our Reception Agents are professionally trained and to learn of your displeasure is indeed concerning. Since the time of your posting, we have had several part time employees return to college. Since then I have received many comments from guests about their favorable interactions with our front desk staff, which leads me to believe that perhaps your experience was an exception and the issue has resolved itself.

As you had pointed out, The Bristol Hotel is located within walking distance to the Convention Center, Gaslamp Quarter, Little Italy, the waterfront, Westfield’s Horton Plaza, Petco Park and many entertainment venues. We have several guest room types depending on bedding request and several rooms do vary in size, however, the majority of our accommodations are very spacious and I apologize for your disappointment.

I realize that an apology coming at this time may do little to change your opinion of our hotel, however, I do care and would enjoy corresponding with you when fulfilling your future reservation requests. Please feel free to e-mail me at grizzi@thebristolsandiego.com.

Have a Happy Holiday Season. Assuring you of my desire to be of service at all times.

irvine, california
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

The Bristol Hotel was a perfect choice for accessing everything there is to do in downtown San Diego. It is a short walk from the train station, and close to many restaurants, the seaport, and other activities. The room was very nicely decorated, with a comfortable bed, a refrigerator, and free wifi. The bathroom was modern, with the usual amenities as well as a lighted magnifying mirror and bathrobes. While there was no view from my room, it was very quiet. My only interaction with staff was at check in, but the desk clerk was very friendly. I would definitely stay here again.

Green Features: This is a "green" hotel, including specialty soaps, dual flush toilet, etc.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank drmmb
bristolMGR, General Manager at The Bristol Hotel, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear drmmb,
Thank you for a great review! I will read your comments aloud at the next staff meeting.
I appreciate your acknowledgement of our great downtown San Diego location that is within walking distance to the Amtrak train station, SeaPort Village and more! I am glad you enjoyed our comfortable guest rooms with free wifi. We also have several rooms that offer views of the skyline and bay. When making future reservations, please ask for this. All of our rooms are very quiet.

Personally, thank you for selecting the Bristol Hotel and we look forward to many return visits.

Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

I am confused by the high ratings on here. I stayed for one night at the hotel. When I checked in, the front desk clerk told me they were not very busy. I asked for as quiet a room as I could get, as I'd landed late (I got there around 10PM on a week night) and had to be up very early. When I got to my room, I found it was located on the street-facing side above the entrance. I called down immediately and was told there was nothing that could be done - this only 5 minutes after having been told that the hotel was not very full. They have done absolutely nothing to deal with street sounds. I felt as though I had a window open to the street. The rest of the room was only OK. The bathroom was not very nice and only looked good because of what looked like fresh paint on cheap finishes. I feel like people are duped by the style. I would give it a c+ on cleanliness - they have done a good job of selecting finishes that hide dreck. I feel strongly that I did not get a decent value for my money... I would absolutely not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: anything that is not over the street where the entrance is located.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank kelly b
bristolMGR, General Manager at The Bristol Hotel, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Kelly B.,
I have read your review and I am very sorry that you found our accommodations not to your standards. As you had mentioned, we often receive favorable reviews concerning our ideal location, services and outstanding accommodations and I am sure that your experience was the exception and not the rule. Although we receive many compliments on our housekeeping and décor, I am sorry that it was not to your liking. Due to our central location in downtown San Diego there can be occasional street noise and I apologize that it affected your sleep. I would gladly welcome the opportunity to discuss your last stay in further detail and receive your room number so that it can be inspected thoroughly.

Thank you for your valued comments. Assuring you of my desire to be of service at all times.

Linz
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at the Bristol. The location is wonderful - you can leave your car in the garage and just walk to all the tourist sights. We enjoyed to walk to the Gaslamp Quarter to get dinner and drinks.The room is spacious and beautifully decorated. Every need a guest might have is taken care of. I can recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: great to explore the city without a car
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dorchestert
bristolMGR, General Manager at The Bristol Hotel, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Dorchestert,
I was extremely pleased to read your comments and to learn that you will recommend our hotel! Many thanks.

I’m happy to hear you enjoyed the optimal location of the Bristol Hotel, situated only a short walking distance from Petco Park, The Gaslamp District, the Convention Center, and more. As you discovered, you can leave your car in the garage and easily take advantage of the incredible sights San Diego has to offer either by foot or by public transportation, which is available right outside our door. I am also glad to hear you found our staff attentive and accommodating and our rooms spacious and immaculate!

We value your patronage and thank you for selecting the Bristol Hotel.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

I stayed at the Bristol Hotel for a convention in town. The rooms were clean and the corner rooms were big, the hotel staff was wonderful and the location is perfect. If you are traveling here for business, take some time to walk to the Gas Lamp district. It is walking distance to a lot of great attractions in the area as well. Happy Hour in the restaurant was great and the Brussels Sprouts were fantastic! Looking forward to future visits to the Bristol!

Room Tip: Corner Rooms are excellent!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
bristolMGR, General Manager at The Bristol Hotel, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear JFields316,
Thank you for great comments, much appreciated. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the size of your room, our wonderful staff and great central location- walking distance to the Gaslamp and much more. I am also glad to read that you were able to enjoy our on-site restaurant, FIRST avenue bar & grille and hope to see you again soon at the Bristol for another great stay and hopefully more Brussels sprouts!