“I just love this place”

The Bristol Hotel - A Greystone Hotel
Ranked #63 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I've stayed here on 3 separate occasions. I just love it. It's cute, clean, modern, but cozy. I used to live in San Diego, and it is in a great location. The rooms are darling, the service is always pleasant, and it's my go to hotel when I visit San Diego. While every once in a while, I might splurge on a Prospect St. hotel, The Bristol stands as the one I go back to. Also, the rooms are HUGE!

1  Thank Emery M
bristolMGR, General Manager at The Bristol Hotel - A Greystone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Dear Emery M,

Thank you for the 5 Star review, we love receiving them!! Your acknowledgement reinforces our efforts to provide our guests with great service and nicely appointed accommodations.

Thank you once again for your comments and for staying at the Bristol Hotel.

On behalf of the Bristol Team we wish you a Happy Holiday!

The Bristol San Diego

Write a ReviewReviews (1,252)

Reviewed December 8, 2012

Nothing can be greater than warm welcome and fast check-in like and this what the staff did when I reached the hotel after 20 hrs trip from Egypt. It took only 5 min to check-in. The room is nice with moderate size. I went to the hotel restaurant to have my dinner and it was testy and the server was attentive and active. The hotel location is brilliant with access to many restaurants and shops. The Westfield Plaza shopping center is within 3 min walking distance. The hotel is located near the San Diego airport. I enjoyed my stay and would come back again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Mo2men
bristolMGR, General Manager at The Bristol Hotel - A Greystone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Dear Mo2men,

Thank you for such a great review! As the manager of the Bristol Hotel, it is extremely rewarding to learn that our guests have had an enjoyable stay. I will pass along your comments to my team!

Our goal is to provide efficient, warm and personable hospitality and from what you said, this was displayed from the moment you arrived, checked in and dined in our restaurant, thank you for your acknowledgement.

The Bristol is centrally located to the airport, cruise ship terminal, convention center, shopping, the Gaslamp district, Little Italy and all of our amazing performing art’s venues. We sincerely hope that when visiting from Cairo in the future, that you will select the Bristol Hotel.

Happy Holidays.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

It is rare I write a bad review, and I am mostly pretty generous with my reviews (which is why I guess i've given 3 stars to the Bristol) but this hotel is such a disappointment in every way conceivable. The staff are rude, they hate their jobs and have some sort of superiority complex going on. The rooms are basic beyond belief and they only offer extortionately priced valet parking which means you can't accidentally leave something in your car and then try to go back and get it without a valet melting down and having a crisis. Won't be staying here again.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank boadiceactrice

Dear Guest,

I was extremely disappointed to read that your stay was unpleasant. Please accept my sincerest apologies.

We pride ourselves on providing outstanding customer service, clean and nicely appointed accommodations at affordable pricing. Our Valet Parking costs are $8-$10 below our competition and we offer complimentary automobile in and out privileges.

Your comments are very uncharacteristic of what our normal guest reviews are. I do not take comments lightly and as you can see in previous postings and responses I acknowledge all types of comments. I would sincerely like to learn more about your experiences so that I can focus on those areas you felt were weak, especially the guest service reference.

Please contact me via e-mail. My address is grizzi@thebristolsandiego.com . I assure you that corrective measures will be taken immediately.

Once again, my sincerest apologies.

Have a Happy Holiday Season.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

From the moment of my arrival to the moment of my departure, everything was perfect. Super clean and quiet room. Really friendly staff. Excellent food at the restaurant (plus the $1 drink coupon, had a nice glass of IPA beer but you can choose wine as well). Perfect location, close enough to the marinas (where you can visit the USS Midway and also the Maritime Museum), Little Italy, Petco Park, Convention Center, Horton Plaza, Gaslamp Quarter (close enough to it, but far from all its noisy area), and so easy getting to the zoo by bus. Well I highly recommend this hotel. Also I saw a nice discount over here @ Tripadvisor but an even better one @ the hotel's website so I was pretty much sold when booking :)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank mjr7_11

Dear mjr7_11,

Wow, thank you for such a great review of our hotel! I have shared your comments with our entire staff and they greatly appreciated your acknowledgement of their entire team effort and we all want you to hurry back.

Thank you for acknowledging our excellent service, friendly staff, outstanding food and beverages and most of all, our exceptional value. Let’s also not forget to mention your location review-we do have a great downtown location which is just a 5 minute cab ride from the airport and just a few blocks away from the Gaslamp District, Little Italy, the performing arts, convention center, Petco Park, USS Midway and Horton Plaza shopping, plus much more.

As the General Manager of the Bristol Hotel I am very proud to learn that my staff have lived up to your expectations and that you had a memorable experience.

On behalf of the Bristol Team, have a very HAPPY HOLIDAY!!

Reviewed November 30, 2012

As soon as we arrived at the hotel, we were greeted by friendly staff, at both registration and the individuals who parked our car. The hotel is conveniently located within easy walking distance of the Gas-Lamp district and shopping. When my wife needed an extra blanket, we called the operator and one was delivered to our room within 5 minutes. We would definitely go back to the Hotel Bristol

1  Thank Jim E
bristolMGR, General Manager at The Bristol Hotel - A Greystone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Dear Jim E,

On behalf of the Bristol team, thank you for staying at the Bristol Hotel and for acknowledging the prompt and friendly guest service that you received from our Valet Attendants and Reception Agents. We strive to provide exceptional service and it is very rewarding to receive your accolades.

The Bristol Hotel is a great place to stay and it is ideally situated near all of San Diego's major attractions such as- The Gaslamp District, Convention Center and the Horton Plaza shopping area.

Also, we are a Pet friendly hotel and we will gladly pamper your "best friend" and include special treats!

Once again, thank you for your comments and the entire staff wishes you a Happy Holiday and safe travels.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

Everything about the Bristol was fantastic. The staff was very welcoming and polite. The room was clean and exactly as shown. The restaurant/bar was great and again the staff was wonderful. We will be back!

• Stayed: November 2012
bristolMGR, General Manager at The Bristol Hotel - A Greystone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Dear Tmfrinbigbear,

I am so pleased to read such a great review- thank you!

The Bristol Hotel team will be delighted to learn that you found our hotel to be comfortable, clean, affordable, food and beverage offerings to be delicious and above all - that our employees are courteous and friendly!

However, the most important thing besides giving us accolades is that you will be back as one of our most valued guests; we appreciate your loyalty.

Have a Happy Holiday.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

I was here for 5 nights in November. Very little to complain about.Nicely furnished. The rooms were spacious and comfortable if slightly dated. Great sleep Quality. Very helpful front desk. Two things specifically stood out though. The first was the location. It is right in the middle of everything. The second was the parking. Luckily we had a hybrid which they do a deal of 13 dollars per night on which is amazing value for parking downtown. It certainly saved us a small fortune.

The only negative I had was the gym/fitness facilites. Very basic gym with very few machines and no pool. If that does not bother you it's a great call.

1  Thank euexplorer

Dear euexplorer,

Thank you for your valued comments and I will share them with my Bristol Hotel Team during our next staff meeting.

Our goal is to provide affordable and comfortable accommodations in a great location. We are walking distance to the Gaslamp District, Little Italy, the Convention Center, our beautiful water front, shopping at Horton Plaza and the performing art venues.

“Value” is the key word at the Bristol Hotel and we like to pass on savings to our guests who share our environmental efforts. We promote and encourage Hybrid transportation in the form of discounted parking rates. Thank you for recognizing this.

Our gym, although small, does provide great equipment and it is available 24/7 for hotel guests. There are larger fitness facilities in the neighborhood and we can arrange a day pass for a modest cost.

Once again, thank you for comments and for staying at the Bristol Hotel and have a wonderful Holiday Season. Safe Travels!

Assuring you of my desire to be of service at all times.