“One night stay at the Bristol Hotel downtown San Diego”

The Bristol Hotel - A Greystone Hotel
Ranked #70 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersSilver level
Long Beach, California, United States
“One night stay at the Bristol Hotel downtown San Diego”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Great experience here. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. I stayed only one night but the accommodations were superb. A comfortable eco-sensible hotel with a great location in the downtown area. Tons of great shops and restaurantsnearby in the gas lamp area of downtown. I booked online and got a great deal on the room. When I called and asked about parking in a nearby lot vs. valet I was told by the front desk that I receive free valet service included with my room! GREAT! And they also offered me a free upgrade to a grand king room which is a bit larger as far as square footage goes. All in all I was quite impressed with the friendliness of the staff and the quality of service here at the Bristol.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade.. It may be free.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
bristolMGR, General Manager at The Bristol Hotel - A Greystone Hotel, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your outstanding review!!!

We strive to be the perfect hotel, offering clean, spacious and comfortable accommodations, value, location, and most importantly - customer service and satisfaction. It looks like we succeeded in making your stay a most pleasant one and my entire staff thanks you for recognizing our efforts. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at the Bristol Hotel and hope to see you again soon.

Assuring you of my desire to be of service at all times.

The Bristol Hotel San Diego

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Stayed at the Bristol for a night and while it was a cool hotel in a cool spot in downtown. My disappointment came when I saw that a large group of teens were staying at the hotel too for some dance competition. Why on earth can hotel management use their heads and keep them all on the same floor. Of course they I was put on that floor and of course at 1:00am they were still running around. May better management prevail.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
bristolMGR, General Manager at The Bristol Hotel - A Greystone Hotel, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear Al E,

Thank you for your comments. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed out downtown San Diego location and our hotel. Regarding the disturbance you had, once we had become aware that we were having noise complaints we immediately contacted security. We also spoke with the chaperons, brought the problem to their attention and from that point on, disturbances had ceased.

I apologize to you for an unpleasant experience and I assure you that this was the exception and not a situation that we would tolerate in the future.

On your next visit to San Diego, please feel free to contact me directly so that I may make amends and personally take care of your reservation request.

Assuring you of my desire to be of service at all times.

The Bristol Hotel San Diego
holland
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We had a wonderful room with two queen beds. The locations is great nearby the gaslamp quarter. There's a bus 30 which brings you to la Jollan beach in 60 minutes and it stops 2 minutes walking from the hotel. The staff was very friendly en helpfull. We enjoyed our stay very much.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Adelaide
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We had a good sized 'superior king' room with plenty of space and two soft chairs, small table and pleasant decor. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. Good shower. Hotel is in a good central location close to the gaslamp quarter. There is a shopping mall and grocery store nearby (Ralphs on G street). It is an easy 15 minute walk to the harbourside and a slightly more strenuous 20 minute walk to Balboa Park. We were awoken a couple of times through the night by police sirens which is why I didn't give it 5 stars, but otherwise had a comfortable nights sleep. Staff were pleasant and helpful. We would happily stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Red_Kangar00
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I never ever write these reviews, but think it was only fair as I relied on the reviews before making my boooking at the Bristol and it does not disappoint, only exceed your expectations.

We were a group of 4 girls staying at the Bristol for two weeks.

First of all great location in downtown, walking distance to horton plaza, gaslamp quarter. We rented a car it was very close to the beach, Little Italy, and Old Town. There is also a bus stop and trolley station right outside the hotel.... All in all very Accessible.

Valet parking is also very easy and ideal especially that its alot cheaper than paying the parking fine.

Rooms and appearance, we are frequent travellers and have never experienced a cleaner hotel, there is always someone cleaning throughout all hours of the day. Bathroom, cleaned spotless on a daily basis, thanks to Rosie who put up with us for two weeks.
Beds were very comfortable and perfect air conditioning which was much needed after along day of shopping in the heat.

The staff were the most friendliest and accomodating individuals I think they probably made our stay so enjoyable especially Ahmad and Mike. Everyone made us feel very at home and facilitated to our many requests whether it be extra towels or directions.

Honestly, reviews do not do this hotel justice, you have to see it to believe it.

OUTSTANDING HOSPITALITY .

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
bristolMGR, General Manager at The Bristol Hotel - A Greystone Hotel, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Hi Ladies!

Our staff was delighted to be of service and to host you as our guests. We thank you for your wonderful accolades and for recognizing our great hotel, location, clean and comfortable rooms, and friendly staff.

During today’s staff meeting I shared your TripAdvisor posting with our employees and I especially acknowledged your praises to Rosie, Ahmad and Mike. They deeply appreciate your kind words.

From the bottom of our hearts we will certainly remember you and we hope that you return sometime soon!

If I may be of future service, please do not hesitate to contact me. I send you my personal THANK YOU and you have made my day.

The Bristol Hotel
San Jose, California
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I found a great deal for this hotel via Bloomspot and so decided to give it a shot since they also received good reviews on http://tripadvisor.com.

I arrived earlier than planned (long story but thanks Southwest) at 10ish in the morning and they let me check in without problems. Probably due to the fact that there weren't that many people. I got a room on the 7th floor with a partial view of the sea.

The hotel is a mix of old and new. Decor is hyper modern, hip and cool but hey retained some of the building's historical design, e.g the room doors.

Rooms have flat screen TVs but no HD which is a bummer. A minor gripe really.

Location is good since it's a few blocks from the Gas Lamp district and about a mile from the sea front. Public transportation makes it easy to get around as well, e..g. on the main bus line to San Diego Zoo and Balboa park. There's a 7-11 close by so don't pay the $4 for bottled water in the room!

If I can get a similar deal, I'll be back!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank SnEEkEy
bristolMGR, General Manager at The Bristol Hotel - A Greystone Hotel, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear SnEEkey,

Thank you for your comments!
I was pleased to read that your stay was very enjoyable and we were able to get you an early check-in. We are also happy to hear that you enjoyed our central location.
Once again, thank you for staying at the Bristol Hotel and please hurry back!

The Bristol San Diego
Narragansett
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Stayed there for 5 nights. Exceptional hotel for the price and service. Very clean and a very attendant staff. Exceptional service to our room. Great location to waterfront, convention center and gas lamp district. Maybe a 15 minute walk to each. Did not need to rent a car due to its location. Would definitely stay there again as the price was right and the hotel was great.

Room Tip: Guest reception did state that "pet rooms" were on the first or second floor. Stayed away...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank don f
bristolMGR, General Manager at The Bristol Hotel - A Greystone Hotel, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Daer Mr. Jon F.,

It was great to read your review of your 5 night stay at the Bristol Hotel. Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay.

We are thrilled to learn that you enjoyed our clean and comfortable accommodations and our incredible location. San Diego is a walking city and some of the most popular attractions are just minutes from the hotel. We are pleased you were able to enjoy the beautiful waterfront, the historic Gas Lamp district, The San Diego Convention Center, and more!

Thank you for selecting the The Bristol Hotel. We look forward to your future visits.

The Bristol San Diego