“Decor better than the food”
Review of Studio Diner

Studio Diner
Ranked #249 of 4,869 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Studio Diner is located in the Kearny Mesa business district in San Diego....Just off I-15 and Balboa Avenue. Known for it's Fish and Chips, Monte Cristo, and East Coast Specials. Outdoor seating. Delivery service to local area/pickup/takeout.
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I liked the decor and vibe of the old diner theme. The outside is cooler than the inside but they do have a few movie props inside as well. We came on a Saturday right at noon and seeing how they have a second parking lot I was worried that we might have to wait a long time. Lucky for us we only had to wait about 5 minutes. The service was ok and the menu had a nice variety. I had the boob (chicken sandwich) and the husband had the bagel with lox and everything. Both items were ok, good but nothing amazing that makes me dieing to go back. Probably liked the waffle fries best.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Went with some friends who were craving dessert, had a spoonful of peach cobbler,Yuck, bad bad bad. Frozen pie crust that was warmed up, basically processed food and very little taste.
First and last time for this very poor resemblance to an actual diner

1  Thank jondavi
Reviewed March 30, 2013

After reading about the Studio Diner, I decided it was high on my list for a brief visit to San Diego.

Getting there could have been a problem but I found the 20 bus went to within a 10 minute walk of the studio. The 928 bus that stops outside she's not run at weekends.

My companion and I received a friendly greeting and were shown to a booth. I chose beef pot roast and my companion chose meat loaf. We both had a beer and shared a peach cobbler. Prices were very good by Australian standards.

Excellent 60s music was playing in the background.

Our server was amazed that we had travelled by public transport and just couldn't comprehend we had flown for 14 hours across the water to get to the USA. But she was lovely and the service was excellent.

It's not an original establishment (built in 2003) but genuine enough to feature in "Diners, Drive Ins nod Dives" and to attract two victors from Australia.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Visited the Studio Diner recently on a trip to San Diego, it is also a Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives Joint! Great Diner food served up 24/7, whenever you are hungry they are open! Had the Monte Cristo and it was great, bummed that they were out of the fresh fried clams. All in All great spot, great food!

1  Thank robbiefitz
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Our group (6) stopped by the Studio Diner in San Diego for breakfast. It's a "really neat" place and our waitress sure played her waitress-from-the-sixties character extremely well. The only thing missing was the roller skates. The food was excellent (I had the corned beef hash and eggs). We are due back in San Diego next month and I will definitely be back for breakfast.

1  Thank Robert L