WINNER WONDERLAND

“RUN, This place is the worst” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn San Diego I-5 Naval Base

Quality Inn San Diego I-5 Naval Base
Ranked #181 of 283 Hotels in San Diego
“RUN, This place is the worst”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

The price seemed right and the location was perfect so I thought I would give it a try. I booked 6 rooms here and paid in advance to "lock in the price" I was not told until check in that they were going to hold $606 against my credit card and that I would not get it back for five days. They made sure that I had no money to spend on my vacation. The locked in price was a joke because the also charged me extra money on every room after I checked in. To top it all off neither the heater nor the coffee maker in my room worked and the staff did nothing to make it right when we complained about it. PLEASE SAVE YOURSELVES, stay somewhere else.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank pack790cubmaster

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

Me and my wife did a last minute booking here. We chose this hotel because it had the few negative reviews for a cheap hotel.

Its nestled in a caldisac behind a gas station. The hood looks pretty rough, not really safely looking to walk around to explore.

Staff was OK. Check in guy was nice enough and attentive which was commendable considering I checked in pretty late. The lady who checked me out gave me a hard time about paying with a debit card. I guess only cash or credit is accepted here.

The room was a king size non smoking on the first floor. Furniture is dated, carpet stained and mushy. Not really the type of room I'd spend my waking hours in while on vacation.
Washrooms were very clean and looked like it had new tiles. Fan is strong at absorbing odors.

Like I mentioned the hood doesn't look too safe. On the bright side there's a ton of cc cameras on the premises. However it still provoked my spidey senses more than usual.

Bed was best part of room. Sheets were very clean . Just have to remove the ugly cover which is never cleaned at these places anyways.

Breakfast is included. The usual which is described well by other reviews. They ran out of coffee though.

Place is acceptable as a quick stopover. However if given the choice I'd spend the extra 20-40 bucks and for a nicer area.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jose p

Travelers are raving about these San Diego hotels

Chicago, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2012

I am actually still in the hotel and writing this that should tell you how terrible it is!! Where do I start...Fist I show up early so I pay an extra $20 for early check in so they can "clean" the room according to them this means leave the pubic hair in the bathtub, the weed on the desk and in the drawer and hair all over the floor in the bathroom. Next they forget to tell you there's construction on the building so you will be woken up at 8am by the sound of a nail gun and generator running. They just turned off the water in my room to top things off!! So I went to check out today but they already had charged me for the day so instead of sleeping in my car I decided since I payed I may as well tuff it out. What a dump!! Lesson learned here and never again..."Quality" Inn may have to change the name because there was ZERO quality involved...The people who rated this over 2 stars must be the ones who stayed in our room before we got here and high as kites!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Brian C
South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2011

Son and I stayed here and the room was adequate and economically priced.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2011

Our family stayed in the Quality Inn during our trip to San Diego. The hotel is a typical mid-range hotel; the rooms were in good condition and comfortable for our family's stay. The beds were comfortable, and the prices were reasonable, considering that we booked for a weekend in July on short notice. The hotel is a few miles from San Diego, but convenient to the freeway. The only issues we had were that the breakfast room was really small, and there was a really long line one day, and there was some mold on the shower curtain.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
beckley wv
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2011

The rooms here were nice and clean, and the front desk staff was wonderful. Thanks to the young man that checked us in, he is an asset to the hotel. Thanks again for a wonderful stay

Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
5 Thank carolbeckleywv
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2010

Not quite located in San Diego I had a little trouble finding this hotel. Once I did I had a decent stay. Breakfast was good and the staff went above and beyond helping me find other places I needed to get to.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
#179 of 283 in San Diego
Howard Johnson Express Inn National City/San Diego South
BEST WESTERN PLUS Marina Gateway Hotel
Quality Inn San Diego Downtown North

Been to Quality Inn San Diego I-5 Naval Base? Share your experiences!