“A Hotel That Feels Like Home”

Residence Inn San Diego Central
Ranked #101 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed August 10, 2014

I finally found a good hotel in San Diego. This facility is well maintained and they have enough staff to get things done - and they're all friendly, helpful people. I felt relaxed here. Management is pro-active. They're out there interfacing with guests. The Front Office Manager even called after I got to my room to make sure everything was to my satisfaction. I've never had that happen before. The hotel is clean, well landscaped and just has a relaxing feel to it. It's a bit remote from downtown and the beaches but I did not mind the drive. I had been about to give up on finding a reasonably priced hotel where I felt respected and safe but I'm glad I kept looking.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Brian S
hale1922, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Central, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2014

Hi Brian S! I can't begin to tell you how much I enjoyed reading your review of our property. Staff service is so important and we work hard to deliver an exceptional product and service. Thanks so much for noticing and putting it into writing so other travelers can read it. We look forward to hosting you on many future visits to our Residence Inn by Marriott San Diego Central.

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn San Diego Central

Reviewed August 8, 2014

This Residence Inn has some of the nicest people, great food, clean facilities, etc. I had a reservation two doors away and the manager treated me terribly and I was fortunate that the Residence Inn was so close. I went inside and the staff immediately made me feel welcome.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Steven V

Hi Steven V. Thanks so much for your positive review of our Residence Inn by Marriott San Diego Central. We work hard to deliver exceptional service and quality and I am so happy that we delivered on that promise. Hopefully your travels will bring you back to San Diego and to our hotel in the future.

At your Service,

Reviewed August 1, 2014

The property is very well-maintained; one negative was that parking was pretty packed the week we stayed and because the different houses of hotel rooms are separated, the whole complex is spread out which can lead to a few minutes' walk to get to the breakfast or pool. Breakfast was a good variety of food, and management was conscious of our needs. We would definitely look at staying here when in San Diego in the future; short drive from downtown and the attractions.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor require you to climb up/down stairs. You might want to get a room close t...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
hale1922, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Central, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2014

Hi Nilay S! Thanks so much for your review of our Residence Inn by Marriott San Diego Central. We work hard to deliver exceptional service and a quality product. Hopefully you were able to take advantage of the many amenities we offer as well. Hopefully the next time you are in San Diego you will be able to stay with us again.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

We got a penthouse suite and it was quite comfortable. There were two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a living area and a kitchen. The room was clean, the beds were comfortable, and the service at the hotel was excellent. I was also impressed by the landscaping on the grounds. It was very attractive. We were on a family vacation and this place was central enough that nothing was more than a 15 minute drive away. I highly recommend!

Room Tip: If you've got family, definitely go for the penthouse suite!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Paula F
hale1922, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Central, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Dear Paula F,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel and sharing your experience at our Residence Inn San Diego Central. We are delighted to see that you had a great stay with us. We work hard to keep the place looking great inside and outside of our rooms, and I am glad you enjoyed it.

Just like you, I also love the Penthouse set up! It is roomy, cozy, and has a nice homely ambiance to it. Thank again and we look forward to seeing you again next time your travels bring you to San Diego.

Ivan Malaver.

Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

We only stayed there one night but wish we could have stayed longer. Very clean room and great breakfast. However, the breakfast area gets packed fast and seating is limited. Will definitely stay here again when we travel back to San Diego.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Girlin505
hale1922, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Central, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

Dear Girlin505,

Thank so much for your review of our Residence Inn by Marriott San Diego Central! Your feedback is very important and we are very happy that you enjoyed your time with us. Hopefully your travels will bring you back to San Diego and to our hotel in the future.

At your service,

Ivan Malaver

Front Office Manager.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

During our recent vacation to Southern California, we stayed at 4 different Marriott properties. Three of them were Residence Inns. All three had the same layout, essentially the same price and the same amenities. There others were nice, but the Residence Inn on Kearny Mesa Road was definitely tops! The rooms were cleaner, the service was better and everything just seemed more cared for and caring. We would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank PHS1001
hale1922, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Central, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2014

Hi PHS1001! Thanks so much for your review of our Residence Inn by Marriott San Diego Central. We work hard to deliver exceptional service and a great product and I am so happy that you took the time to write such a great review. Hopefully your travels will bring you back to San Diego and to our property.

Jonathan Corrrell

Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

Cons: The lot next to the hotel is where garbage trucks are parked. It stinks! And the trucks make a noise like Transformers opening and closing. It's loud, like clunk, clunk, clunk! Hopefully it won't be noisy at night.
Pros: The room is great. Lots of space and a kitchen.

Stayed: July 2014
hale1922, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Central, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2014

Hi SoccerCentralCal and thank you for your review of our Residence Inn by Marriott San Diego Central. I am happy that you like the rooms and apologize for the noise next door. I will speak to the manager at the company next door and let them know that their daily operations can have an adverse effects on our guests. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Hopefully you will have an opportunity to stay with us again in the future.