Today finds us staying in this hotel.
Very interesting history as it is a decommissioned 1920s bank. Some of his is still seen throughout the hotels communal areas.
Unique clean and tidy and normal marriott quality and standard. The rooms are slightly outdated, but practical, clean and presentable. Staff are polite and cordial and helped with all our needs.
We did ask to change rooms as i paid for a city view and got a brick wall on the 2nd floor of 14...
The best of all about tjis hotel is its location... Slap bang in the middle of all the action, the famous gas lamp quarter. Amazing atmosphere on tje weekend we stayed.. But you could hear the music and noise well into the morning hours.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come experience the perfect San Diego hotel for your business or leisure stay. Housed in a 1920's historic landmark building, the reinvented Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Downtown welcomes guests with the sophisticated comfort of modern accommodations, while embracing the character of the distinguished former financial institution. From the moment you step through the revolving front doors, you will be whisked away to an inviting and intimate space to unwind, gather your thoughts, or share a laugh and a beverage with friends. Exquisite remnants of the former bank grace the interior of our hotel and mix with a fresh, contemporary style. Whether you are here for business or pleasure, you can expect impeccable service and an unbeatable location in the Gaslamp Quarter, offering hundreds of dining and entertainment options. We are conveniently located in the heart of the business district, walking distance to the waterfront and San Diego Convention Center, and minutes away from the San Diego International Airport. We are also just steps away from the San Diego Trolley which connects downtown to Mission Valley, Chula Vista, and the International Border. Reinvented with fresh decor and design, our guest rooms and suites provide superior accommodations for individual travelers, business groups, event groups and families. Each of our rooms offers luxury bedding, free high-speed Internet and microwaves, refrigerators and safes in every room. After sightseeing or a day of meetings, enjoy delicious California cuisine at THE LOBBY or grab a snack at our 24-hour market. At the Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Downtown, we're ready to serve up what you want - where you want. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott San Diego Downtown Hotel San Diego
- Courtyard San Diego Downtown
- San Diego Courtyard
- San Diego Marriott