I was at the Courtyard Marriott this past week on business, and I must say that I was very satisfied with the hotel. I LOVE the building (used to be a bank) with the vault in the basement that has been repurposed to a meeting room. The room doors, the ceilings... it is just gorgeous and I am happy it is well preserved. The location is fantastic for exploring... close to balboa park, the airport and the main drag that runs down the cost. But in reality, the biggest win for this hotel is the staff. From the young man at the bar during happy hour, to the awesome folks at the help desk, and the room service guy that had to run up 7 floors using the stairs to deliver my food because the elevators were not working... everybody was exceptional. I always have issues with my phone charger, and servers from the restaurant and the front desk try to find a solution to my problem. It was a very nice experience, and would highly recommend this particular hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come experience the perfect San Diego hotel for your business or leisure stay. Housed in a 1920's historic landmark building, the reinvented Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Downtown welcomes guests with the sophisticated comfort of modern accommodations, while embracing the character of the distinguished former financial institution. From the moment you step through the revolving front doors, you will be whisked away to an inviting and intimate space to unwind, gather your thoughts, or share a laugh and a beverage with friends. Exquisite remnants of the former bank grace the interior of our hotel and mix with a fresh, contemporary style. Whether you are here for business or pleasure, you can expect impeccable service and an unbeatable location in the Gaslamp Quarter, offering hundreds of dining and entertainment options. We are conveniently located in the heart of the business district, walking distance to the waterfront and San Diego Convention Center, and minutes away from the San Diego International Airport. We are also just steps away from the San Diego Trolley which connects downtown to Mission Valley, Chula Vista, and the International Border. Reinvented with fresh decor and design, our guest rooms and suites provide superior accommodations for individual travelers, business groups, event groups and families. Each of our rooms offers luxury bedding, free high-speed Internet and microwaves, refrigerators and safes in every room. After sightseeing or a day of meetings, enjoy delicious California cuisine at THE LOBBY or grab a snack at our 24-hour market. At the Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Downtown, we're ready to serve up what you want - where you want. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott San Diego Downtown Hotel San Diego
- Courtyard San Diego Downtown
- San Diego Courtyard
- San Diego Marriott