Residence Inn San Diego Downtown
$209
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of $319/night.

Omni San Diego Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$188
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $259/night.

Blue Sea Beach Hotel(San Diego)
$311
$232
$195
  • Pool
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$183
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $209/night.

La Jolla Cove Hotel & Suites(La Jolla)
$207
Orbitz.com
  • Room Service
$229
  • Beachfront
Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$229
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $281/night.

All reviewsfree shuttleshuttle servicebedroom suiteclose to the airportfree breakfastamtrak stationfire pithotel shuttlewalking distanceseaport villagecruise terminalstar of indiasofa bedconvention centergas lampcouple blockscomfortable stay
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We made reservations for the Residence Inn Downtown because it had shuttle service to the airport. When we arrived I called the hotel to request transportation. They said their shuttle was out on a lengthy run and I should catch a cab and they would reimburse me. Wow, great service! I told the cabbie to take me to the Residence Inn Downtown. The apparently NASCAR trained cabbie zoomed us to the downtown Gaslamp district Residence Inn where I discovered that there are two Downtown residence Inns and this was not the right one. I had held the cab as I was suspicious of the distance from the airport and he delivered us to the correct property. I was reimbursed with no problem and we chowed down on chili dogs and wine for dinner. Breakfast the next morning was fine as was airport transportation. There is a nice new park across the street and you can take a nice long stroll along the bayside.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Adam L, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Greetings Shocker816,

We cannot thank you enough for this exceptional review of Residence Inn San Diego Downtown. You painted a perfect picture of how you finally arrived to Residence Inn as we are so happy your found your way. This type of review are spectacular and appreciated by our entire team.

Thank you again.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

Four friends and I shared a two-bedroom suite which we found very comfortable and roomy with an excellent view of the bay. The Staff was extremely helpful and accommodating. We especially enjoyed and made good use of the hotel shuttle within the downtown area.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Adam L, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Greetings VDson:

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review. We are extremely pleased you enjoyed your stay at Residence Inn by Marriott San Diego Downtown. It was also very pleasant to hear that you were able to enjoy some of our complimentary amenities such as our shuttle to take you to the downtown arena and enjoy all the many attractions our great city of San Diego has to offer. We look forward to hosting your next adventure in sunny San Diego.

Reviewed May 16, 2014

I really like this property but there are a few things one should also be aware of. The rooms are small and the building is old and a bit noisy BUT there are lots of pluses that overcome any possible issues.

1) Location - it's near the water, near downtown, near the airport, near everything.........
2) Service - the staff is friendly, professional, helpful, all the things you want.
3) Breakfast - good, hot and if you don't like what they brought out, wait ten minutes, they'll bring out something different. Oh, yes - it's all yummy.
4) Shuttles - Many of the hotels near the airport do not offer an airport shuttle or charge for one. This hotel doesn't and when you call for a shuttle, they dispatch one quickly.

What was not my favorite stuff:

1) Small rooms and a bit noisy rooms. Again, the hotel is in a great location and it's not the newest building (and I am a bit noise sensitive). It's part of the price of being a couple hundred of yards from the water.
2) Parking - Tight, not that much and expensive. The room rates are a bit high and charging for parking isn't fair.

One note to the manager - I was given a handicap room and NOT told about it until I walked in the room. That's not cool in my book, not caring about that issue was even less cool. I know the hotel was booked and we got there late (9 PM) but just saying something when I checked in would have been nice.

Room Tip: Front of the hotel facing westward is my choice.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Adam L, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2014

Greetings RoadCorgi:

We greatly appreciate your thorough feedback about our hotel. You touched on all the points that are important to as hotel associates to hear, listen, and act upon. I have shared this with our entire staff during our daily huddle in hopes to bring attention to all of your details you mentioned.

We apologize for not properly communicating the room type we had you blocked in and causing any inconvenience you might have experienced. Rest assured, this will be re-visited to see where we went wrong and to correct it for future reservations.

Thank you again for taking the time to review our home away from home.

Reviewed May 8, 2014

wonderful stay option if you want to be little away from gas lamp busy area..although very much connected to gas lamp by San Diego Trolley. Excellent stay, wonderful staff. Fixtures, cabinets little out dated. Clean rooms, nice and neat breakfast area. All in all..good option to stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Adam L, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2014

Greetings travlerenthu:
Thank you so much for your positive review of Residence Inn by Marriott San Diego Downtown. We hope you visit us again soon.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

Great service by staff. A group of us had to relocate due to broken water pipes at a competitor hotel. Day Manager 'Carlos' was extremely helpful in arranging accommodations for the group on short notice. I definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014

Greetings Pdxk9cop:

Thank you so much for your review. We greatly appreciate the positive feedback about your stay at Residence Inn by Marriott San Diego Downtown. During one of our daily huddles where we get together as a team to promote the great culture and best practices of our hotel, we went ahead an read this allowed to acknowledge Carlos. Thank you again. Please visit us again.