“Best Coffee I had in San Diego”

Brickyard Coffee & Tea
Ranked #20 of 103 Coffee & Tea in San Diego
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed February 7, 2014

This is the best house coffee I had while in San Diego and I tried out about 5 or 6 of the most popular. (Better than Cafe 222, Lion, The Mission, and Broken Yolk as far as coffee is concerned)

Their breakfast menu is limited to pastries, oatmeal and a couple Sandwiches. Their service was a little slow but friendly, they appeared to be understaffed.

2  Thank Brett B
There are newer reviews for Brickyard Coffee & Tea

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Brickyard Coffee & Tea was recommended by a member of the concierge staff at our hotel (San Diego Marriott Marina & Marquis) and we were not disappointed. The iced coffee was excellent and the bagel with pesto and cheese exceeded our expectations. We were grateful for the recommendation!

2  Thank SnowBeans
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Since management changed a few months ago, the service quality and cleanness of this place change for the worst.......we have enjoy Brickyard for many years, but we are know searching for a new place to enjoy our breakfast experience.
what a shame......

2  Thank cecy p
Reviewed December 27, 2013

This spot was close to my hotel so I stopped here for a coffee on my way to my conference. There was no line, and just a couple people at the tables yet it took me nearly 15 minutes to order and get my latte to go. They just move slooooow, and are a little snooty to boot. I went back the next day for lunch to give them a second chance but was not impressed. The Starbucks in the conference hotel had better food and much friendlier service.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

When you take the Greenline Trolley in San Diego, you pass this little place as you come into the Seaport Village Trolley station. It's small but has a unique flavor of oldness to it with the building being made of brick with some unique accents outside. The patio is nice, cozy and you can usually find a seat. The food is wonderful. I had a slice of quiche-full of good flavor and lots of cheese and spinach. I liked the coffee as well. Didn't taste burnt like some "major" coffee places do. They have good choices in pastries and other breakfast offers as well. I'd like to go back and try their sandwiches sometime.

2  Thank ColleenMP