“A Great Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #134 of 281 Hotels in San Diego
Honolulu, Hawaii
“A Great Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

I chose the Ramada Inn Airport because it was close to Point Loma Naval Base. I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel as it is a two star hotel. I stayed in a standard king room with a view of the marina. If you like fresh seafood, there's a great restaurant across the street that gets you in and out quickly and the food is delicious. The hotel was clean and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel if you are looking for a safe, convenient location that is reasonably priced. They do have a complimentary airport shuttle, free breakfast which includes danish etc., cereal, make your own waffles, fruit, yogurt...a small store for convenience items, and a computer and printer in the lobby which was extremely helpful during my stay. The free parking and wifi were also a great perk. Hope this helps!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
      Location
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 stars
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
2 Thank Kelly W
ramada7628, Manager at Ramada San Diego Airport, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
We do try to offer our guests all the conveniences. thank you for noticing. We really are thankful for our guests and try to show it. It is nice to hear it back from our guests and I will share this with our staff.! THANK YOU!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Alta Loma, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

We booked this place for 3 reasons. The first one being close to the San Diego airport, the second was the shuttle service and the 3rd was the availability of being able to park your car there while gone. When I booked this hotel I asked the young lady about all three. She assured me that they offered all three. So when I arrived I payed for the room, order the shuttle service at 5am and payed for parking. I was there with my elderly mother in law and we were a few minutes late for our shuttle, so we said ok and would wait for the next one. Well the next one was not till 6am, they did not inform me about this as I thought that a shuttle service ran continual. So we had to order a taxi, (which defeated our purpose of staying here). While waiting the shuttle service van returned and had been parked. I enquired about the shuttle and said it does not go out till 6, mind you the airport is 1.9 miles away and only takes 5 min to get there. So then I enquired about the shuttle service back, told them my flight retired at 11:45 pm, they now inform me that the shuttle ends at 10 pm once again they did not inform me about this. I would think that if there are time restraints that the hotel would inform you but they did not. I was very unhappy with this service and will not stay here again!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
We are sorry for the lack of communication, the shuttle is a courtesy service the hotel provides and unfortunately we do not have service available at the late hours. Again we are sorry for your inconvenience and we understand how frustrating that can be. We appreciate your patronage.