New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Ramada San Diego Airport

Ramada San Diego Airport
Ranked #139 of 283 Hotels in San Diego
Alta Loma, California
“Disappointed with shuttle service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

We booked this place for 3 reasons. The first one being close to the San Diego airport, the second was the shuttle service and the 3rd was the availability of being able to park your car there while gone. When I booked this hotel I asked the young lady about all three. She assured me that they offered all three. So when I arrived I payed for the room, order the shuttle service at 5am and payed for parking. I was there with my elderly mother in law and we were a few minutes late for our shuttle, so we said ok and would wait for the next one. Well the next one was not till 6am, they did not inform me about this as I thought that a shuttle service ran continual. So we had to order a taxi, (which defeated our purpose of staying here). While waiting the shuttle service van returned and had been parked. I enquired about the shuttle and said it does not go out till 6, mind you the airport is 1.9 miles away and only takes 5 min to get there. So then I enquired about the shuttle service back, told them my flight retired at 11:45 pm, they now inform me that the shuttle ends at 10 pm once again they did not inform me about this. I would think that if there are time restraints that the hotel would inform you but they did not. I was very unhappy with this service and will not stay here again!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
ramada7628, Manager at Ramada San Diego Airport, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
We are sorry for the lack of communication, the shuttle is a courtesy service the hotel provides and unfortunately we do not have service available at the late hours. Again we are sorry for your inconvenience and we understand how frustrating that can be. We appreciate your patronage.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Travelers also viewed these San Diego hotels
Howard Johnson Inn San Diego Sea World
Hotel Aqua Mar
Hotel Aqua Mar
#172 of 283 in San Diego

Been to Ramada San Diego Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Ramada San Diego Airport

Property: Ramada San Diego Airport
Address: 1403 Rosecrans St, San Diego, CA 92106-2238
Location: United States > California > San Diego
Beach Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#20 On the Beach Hotel in San Diego
#24 Best Value Hotel in San Diego
Hotel Class:3 star — Ramada San Diego Airport 3*
Ramada San Diego Airport a family run business, just minutes away from the San Diego International Airport, offering complimentary shuttle service to and from airport, enjoy an array of restaurants such as Point Loma Seafood, Miguel's Cocina and Brigantine. Conveniently located within few miles to the San Diego Sea World, World famous San Diego Zoo, San Diego Convention Center. Explore deep sea fishing, whale watching just across the street off the Sport Fishing Landing. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Travelocity so you can book your Ramada San Diego Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ramada San Diego Airport Hotel San Diego