“Ramada San Deigo”

Ranked #145 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed July 15, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank G L
ramada7628, General Manager at Ramada San Diego Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2013

Write a ReviewReviews (1,430)

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Michelle C
Reviewed July 14, 2013

1  Thank Leslie M
Reviewed July 12, 2013

This is the first year we've stayed here and from now on, this is where we'll be returning to. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel fits almost every need we have when my husband attends ESRI every year at the convention center. The only thing they didn't have that we would have liked to have was a Jacuzzi. But since the pool is actually heated - not just SAID to be heated like one of the hotels we've stayed at previously - we can live without that. We had booked a harbor view room with balcony. For us the balcony is an absolute necessity because my husband smokes and after 20 years of staying in smoking rooms with him I can't take it any more. So with the balcony, I can have my non smoking room, and he can sit out on the balcony, looking at the amazing view of the harbor, and smoke. The room is VERY small. I had requested a rollaway when we reserved, for my son, but looking at the pictures I doubted it would fit. So I packed our Coleman camp cot, which is smaller than a rollaway. It fit very nicely between the bed and the sliding door, leaving plenty of space at the end to get in and out of the door. Plus, we didn't have to pay the extra for a rollaway.
Things I love about this hotel: the VIEW. fridge, microwave and coffee maker in the room. fitness center. free breakfast, which included a fridge full of nice crisp apples, among other choices. My son loved making his own waffles. location is extremely convenient, very close to Harbor Drive, and after a nice scenic trip you're at the Convention Center in a few minutes. Lots of great restaurants in walking distance. (Mitch's Seafood, directly across the street, hidden behind Point Loma Sportfishing, is a MUST.)
Things I don't love: not much. I wish the maid spoke English. Other than that I really have no complaints. It's old, it's not the fanciest place in town. I don't care! What I want is a clean bed to sleep in and nice surroundings. If you want a 4 or 5 star resort, stay at one, and spend a fortune. If you want really good basics, stay here and save a bundle. The room has obviously been redone, the fixtures are attractive.
Like I said, we will definitely be back at every opportunity.

Room Tip: corner harbor view rooms have wraparound balconies, making your useable space much larger.
Reviewed July 12, 2013

1  Thank George K
A Wyndham traveler
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Ramada
ramada7628, Manager at Ramada San Diego Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Reviewed July 10, 2013

For a quick trip in a convenient area to the airport this was the place to stay. Free shuttle to the airport, free wifi, free breakfast. The property was worn but they tried to keep it clean. The staff was more than friendly, everyone I encountered was awesome. Could the place use some paint and updated fixtures? Sure. Could it be in a more convenient location? No way! The only thing I did not like about this place is that the outer doors were kept propped open, traveling alone I felt like that was a security issue.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Brenna J

We are glad to hear that you loved our location and the friendly staff, thank you for your feedback. We have a bit of challenge for being an older property, I am glad you found great value , with our complimentary amenities included with our rate, the free shuttle to and from airport, free Wi-Fi.

We look forward to see you in the near future

JBhakta