“There shouldn't be a charge for a roll away bed for a...”

Ramada San Diego Airport
Ranked #143 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Riverside
“There shouldn't be a charge for a roll away bed for a...”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

There shouldn't be a charge for a roll away bed for a toddler. Got locked out of room due to dead batteries in the locking mechanism and I was on my way to my wedding that morning. Breakfast options were terrible.
I was impressed at the fact that they had a microwave, frige, etc. The bed was big and comfy.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

ramada7628, Manager at Ramada San Diego Airport, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Ramada Guest,

We thank you for giving us the suggestion of charge of rollaway bed, we appreciate you taking time to let us know about your stay, and showing us where we need improving, however I am glad to hear that you enjoyed comfy bed and the added amenties of Micro and Fridge

Jyoti Bhakta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
West Covina
Reviewed March 18, 2013

this is an obviously OLD MOTEL that the owners have tried to cheaply update. Very unsucessfully.
Electric plugs few and far between.
ROOMS EXTREMELY SMALL
Handicapped room was actually 2 rooms connected WITH ONLY 1 telephone in farthest room from bathroom
OUR FAMILY HAD 6 ROOMS. ALL inadequate. 1 elevator , 2 buildings, wind halls t find ay around

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Thank you for taking time to let us know where we need improving, We appreciate you pointing our the areas where we can make it easier and more convenient for our guests. We are extremely sorry to say that you were un happy with your stay. However we are happy that you and your family all gave us the opportunity to serve you during your special family event.

Travelers are raving about these San Diego hotels

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My intention was to have a nice enough room that I could sleep and clean up in while visiting friends in the area. They went above and beyond in serving me for the most part, which was excellent! That being said, I also didn't spend too much time in the room during my stay, and I doubt I would've wanted too. There was road noise during the day and the AC was difficult, and the rooms haven't had a renovation in a very long time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Mr Grant C.

We really appreciate you taking time to let us know how your stay was, and pointing out our strengths and weakness. We look forward to serve in the near future. We always look forward to hear from our guest so that we may better ourselves

Mexicali, Mexico
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I went on a getaway weekend with my girlfriend. I booked in expedia a one king size bed room. When I got to the hotel they assigned us a room that was way far in the second floor. they told me that there were no king size bed rooms available. The room the gave me had 2 double beds which in my opinion were way too small in reference of what I have booked originally. The location is quite convinient, the breakfast is very poor (but it's still free). In my previous review I strongly recommended this hotel but this new experience was quite disappointing.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Mr Salvador,

Thank you for taking time out to let us know the inconvenience you faced duiring your last stay. I see that you had stayed in the past and we thank you at that time you highly recommended our hotel, we are sorry that this stay was otherwise. Please note when booking, a room type is not
guaranteed, however i have updated your details in our records, and we will make sure that you are assigned rooms correctly, We hope that you can give us another opportunity to correct our selves. we look forward to hear from you soon.
We take your comments seriously, to improve our services.

San Diego, California
Reviewed March 11, 2013

My husband and I chose to stay here after our flight was cancelled and the USO said that this Ramada offers discounted military rates ($69). We called and they refused the offer, saying their military discount was $121. Exhausted after a long day of confusion in the airport, we decided to just take the rate.

Well, what a MISTAKE that was. The staff was rude and snippy to us. They told us the only room they had was on the second floor. I know for a fact this was not true, as the man standing next to me was debating between getting room 119, 120, or 121 (which means, that at least TWO of those were going to be free rooms). The second floor was up an insanely old elevator, down two long halls, OUTSIDE, and then back inside to go UP STEPS. By the time we got there, we were just relieved to be away from the awful customer service and smelly halls.

On a quick glance, the room was nice, average. However, when we pulled the curtains, our windows were caked with dirt, dust and mud! When we showered, the bottom of the tub looked like it hadn't been washed in weeks, and the ceiling above the shower had black MOLD. When we went to check out the next morning, the lady at the front desk was unprofessional (she answered the phone "Hi"), but thankfully not rude. The breakfast was par: a couple cereal choices, some yogurt, waffles, and apples.

Needless to say, we will NEVER return to this hotel, and I strongly, strongly recommend that you, too avoid this place with your life.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
ramada7628, Manager at Ramada San Diego Airport, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Mrs. Crossen,

We are so sorry that you had an exhausting and a confusing long day at the airport, and that the day did not go well. Our goal here at Ramada is to make sure that all our guest has a positive guest experience. I am sorry you felt that our staff did not meet your expectation. Our rates vary during weekend and may be higher on major event.
We strive to satisfy all our guest, If we have the rooms we will do our best to provide theguest request, however all the rooms you mentioned are all 1 king beds, and you had requested 2 beds
we at Ramada are sorry to hear about your experinces while passing through Ramada.