The Travelodge downtown in San Diego is not really down town but, like most motels, on the outskirts of the city, very close to the highway leading to the airport. Not the nicest of districts in San Diego..
This particular motel has the merit of being clean, with spacious rooms and a very pleasant and helpful staff. The staff is really the winning point for the motel.
The bathroom in my room left a lot to be desired from the point of view décor (cigarette marks on the bathtub, peeling paint...) but the cleaning staff did an efficient job every day to ensure that iit was clean and I had freshly washed towels etc..
Breakfast is minimal so if you are the type who likes a big breakfast you may want to go elsewhere to eat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- San Diego is yours to explore at our Travelodge San Diego Downtown Convention Center hotel, near San Diego Airport. Located off Interstate 5, easy access to San Diego Convention Center ,Downtown, Gaslamp, our hotel in San Diego is the perfect choice for a weekend getaway or conference attendance. We offer free Wi-Fi Internet access so you can check directions or catch up on email before you head out on your long day of sightseeing. Limited Parking is available onsite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire and Odigeo so you can book your Travelodge San Diego Downtown Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Value Inn-Convention Center/Downtown Hotel San Diego
- Americas Best Value Inn Hotel
- Americas Best Value Inn Motel