Travelodge San Diego Downtown Convention Center
Ranked #200 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Family time”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

First of all I gotta admit that the hotel is not located in one of the best areas of Downtown but what made it a great weekend for me and my family was Susana's suggestions.
She guided us very well to the most visited places in San Diego and that to be honest was the best she could do for us. Not just saved us time but gave us coupon discounts for the zoo. It took us about 8 minutes to get to the mile of restaurants and shops. I appreciated her switching me to a non smoking rooms since I had my 2 babies with me. Very close to the Downtown. My kids loved it. Is great to have some guidance specially if your not from the city. The lady's at the front were very friendly and funny. I will come back for the holidays. See you guys soon.

Oh, and if you have small kids don't walk to downtown theres a lot of homeless people towards that area. Better if you take a taxi.

Room Tip: The 3rd floor is quiet and their elevator works!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
TravelodgeSanDiego, Front Office Manager at Travelodge San Diego Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Hello Sonia,

we are glad to hear that you and your family had a great time in San Diego. Specially the fun part by visiting the most attractive places in San Diego, like San Diego Zoo, SeaWorld, Seaport
Village, US Midway and Coronado Island. We are very pleased that the Front Desk Manager (Susana) was able to accommodate you in a non-smoking room per your request and that she was able to guide you with your tours. Hopefully you get back at us for your next visit and plan with us your next tours as theirs more places to visit here in San Diego.

Thanks and see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this location while visiting family and friends and the service was awesome the people in the office where super nice and helpful I would definitely be staying here again next time I go to san diego. The rooms were clean

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank mshelly808
TravelodgeSanDiego, Front Office Manager at Travelodge San Diego Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us regarding your recent stay . I'm pleased to read that you found the atmosphere of our hotel clean and friendly. We strive to bring to our guest that "home away from home" experience and we look forward to you visiting with us again soon.
San Diego, California
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Everything was great during my stay at this hotel. The rooms are spacious and very clean. The girls at the front desk are helpful and friendly. I also like how close this hotel is to the trolley station and downtown. :)

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Joanna,
We are pleased to know that your stay was just great and that there was no problems with your room. It is satisfactory to know that our room meets all your standards. Thanks for mentioning that we are close to the trolley station as is only few blocks away and 1 mile to Downtown/Gaslamp Quarter. Transportation is easy to take and taxi about $8-$10 to the Downtown Area. I have passed your appreciation on to our staff, we look forward to you visiting with us again soon
San Diego, California
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I recently stayed at the newly renovated Travelodge, I had visited this hotel before and I expected it to be the same as the last time I had stayed there but to my surprise the place is looking better than ever now. I noticed the new paint but the most surprising thing to me was the new rooms. The rooms had a nice modern design that was warm and inviting. I think this place is changing for the BETTER, including the staff that was very helpful and friendly. They front desk girls printed a map out for me to a address I was going to. The manager was also present when I checked out and made sure I had a good stay at their hotel, he told me about the local events that went on around the hotel which was good for future reference. All in all I had a pleasant stay with a great staff that took care of me! Thanks guys, I'll see you next time. Alex

Room Tip: Ask for the their best rooms, it's worth the little extra you might have to pay!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
TravelodgeSanDiego, Front Office Manager at Travelodge San Diego Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Dear Alex,
Thank you for being our valued guest! We are glad you like our new rooms and that you gave us your most sincere opinion. We are glad you had a pleasant stay and we were able to assist you in any way. Our main purpose is to bring all the attraction and area information to every single guest as every guest is very valuable for us. I will pass along your comments with all staff.
We look forward for your return.