Travelodge San Diego Downtown Convention Center
Ranked #206 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Atlanta, Georgia
“Awesome”
Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this location while visiting family and friends and the service was awesome the people in the office where super nice and helpful I would definitely be staying here again next time I go to san diego. The rooms were clean

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank mshelly808
TravelodgeSanDiego, Front Office Manager at Travelodge San Diego Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us regarding your recent stay . I'm pleased to read that you found the atmosphere of our hotel clean and friendly. We strive to bring to our guest that "home away from home" experience and we look forward to you visiting with us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
San Diego, California
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Everything was great during my stay at this hotel. The rooms are spacious and very clean. The girls at the front desk are helpful and friendly. I also like how close this hotel is to the trolley station and downtown. :)

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Joanna,
We are pleased to know that your stay was just great and that there was no problems with your room. It is satisfactory to know that our room meets all your standards. Thanks for mentioning that we are close to the trolley station as is only few blocks away and 1 mile to Downtown/Gaslamp Quarter. Transportation is easy to take and taxi about $8-$10 to the Downtown Area. I have passed your appreciation on to our staff, we look forward to you visiting with us again soon
San Diego, California
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I recently stayed at the newly renovated Travelodge, I had visited this hotel before and I expected it to be the same as the last time I had stayed there but to my surprise the place is looking better than ever now. I noticed the new paint but the most surprising thing to me was the new rooms. The rooms had a nice modern design that was warm and inviting. I think this place is changing for the BETTER, including the staff that was very helpful and friendly. They front desk girls printed a map out for me to a address I was going to. The manager was also present when I checked out and made sure I had a good stay at their hotel, he told me about the local events that went on around the hotel which was good for future reference. All in all I had a pleasant stay with a great staff that took care of me! Thanks guys, I'll see you next time. Alex

Room Tip: Ask for the their best rooms, it's worth the little extra you might have to pay!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
TravelodgeSanDiego, Front Office Manager at Travelodge San Diego Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Dear Alex,
Thank you for being our valued guest! We are glad you like our new rooms and that you gave us your most sincere opinion. We are glad you had a pleasant stay and we were able to assist you in any way. Our main purpose is to bring all the attraction and area information to every single guest as every guest is very valuable for us. I will pass along your comments with all staff.
We look forward for your return.
Los Angeles
Reviewed September 24, 2013

it was decent, walking distance to Petco and Gaslamp District. no driving required, especially good considering the high parking rates $30-$40

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

TravelodgeSanDiego, Front Office Manager at Travelodge San Diego Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Hello Manuela,
Thank you so much for taking your time to give us your feedback. We are glad that you found your stay decent and within walking distance to Petco and Gaslamp District as we are only 1 mile away for 20-25 minute walk. We hope to see you soon and don’t forget to give us a call for your next stay.