“Great Customer Service!”

Ranked #191 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
San Diego, California
“Great Customer Service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

I recently stayed at the newly renovated Travelodge, I had visited this hotel before and I expected it to be the same as the last time I had stayed there but to my surprise the place is looking better than ever now. I noticed the new paint but the most surprising thing to me was the new rooms. The rooms had a nice modern design that was warm and inviting. I think this place is changing for the BETTER, including the staff that was very helpful and friendly. They front desk girls printed a map out for me to a address I was going to. The manager was also present when I checked out and made sure I had a good stay at their hotel, he told me about the local events that went on around the hotel which was good for future reference. All in all I had a pleasant stay with a great staff that took care of me! Thanks guys, I'll see you next time. Alex

Room Tip: Ask for the their best rooms, it's worth the little extra you might have to pay!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
TravelodgeSanDiego, Front Office Manager at Travelodge San Diego Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Dear Alex,
Thank you for being our valued guest! We are glad you like our new rooms and that you gave us your most sincere opinion. We are glad you had a pleasant stay and we were able to assist you in any way. Our main purpose is to bring all the attraction and area information to every single guest as every guest is very valuable for us. I will pass along your comments with all staff.
We look forward for your return.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

it was decent, walking distance to Petco and Gaslamp District. no driving required, especially good considering the high parking rates $30-$40

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

TravelodgeSanDiego, Front Office Manager at Travelodge San Diego Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Hello Manuela,
Thank you so much for taking your time to give us your feedback. We are glad that you found your stay decent and within walking distance to Petco and Gaslamp District as we are only 1 mile away for 20-25 minute walk. We hope to see you soon and don’t forget to give us a call for your next stay.
Entebbe, null, Uganda
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

Me and two of my colleagues from Uganda had gone for the ESRI International Convention at the San Diego Downtown Convention Center and we had booked accommodation with the Travelodge hotel San Diego downtown where we were welcomed and checked in by Jessy to our rooms. To be honest we found value for money, Wonderful interiors, and very good Customer care from Jessy who was knowledgeable about the town. The location is excellent, easily accessible and good breakfast.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
TravelodgeSanDiego, Front Office Manager at Travelodge San Diego Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Hi Thank you for your sharing the wonderful experience you had during your stay. I’m excited to hear that this location was very convenient for your Conference at the San Diego Convention Center as is only 1 mile away and very easy transportation to get there if not a good 20minute walk takes you there. We are proud to say that it is our goal to inform you to the most of our location for your convenience. Im glad you loved our interiors as we are still working in our renovation. I will pass your comments to the front desk. We look forward for your return.
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

Don't be fooled by the title...this hotel is not near the convention centre. It is in fact, in the middle of a poorer area of San Diego...I was even warned not to walk around at night. There are no cafes/ restaurants that would appeal to the traveller....these are all in the 'gaslamp quarter'. As a first time traveller to San Diego, it would've been handy to know this!

The staff however, were friendly and did provide a refund for my second night after I decided to leave. If you have a vehicle, there is free parking (unlike hotels in the gaslamp quarter that will charge you for each night). The room was clean & comfortable, had a bar fridge and the wifi worked! There is also complimentary juice/ pastries for breakfast.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr Loges,
First of all thanks for your comments of our friendly staff and that you had no problems with your room.
Unfortunately, we are not located in the Gaslamp quarter but we are Near San Diego Downtown and San Diego Convention Center. As is only 1 mile away, 20 minutes walking, 5 min driving/cab and easy public transportation that takes you directly to the town. We do have Cafes, stores, fast food restaurants within walking distance. I’m sorry we missed giving you all the area information you needed during your stay. Our main purpose is to bring all the attraction and area information to every single guest as every guest is very valuable for us.
I will pass along your comments with all staff and we hope you come back and give us the opportunity to serve you better.