First, I want to say that this Travelodge is NOT fancy. But their rates are very good for us Bar Exam Takers. I paid about $70/night. The hotel is ONLY SIX MINUTES FROM THE CONVENTION CENTER! 6 Minutes! They do have coffee downstairs and if you need more coffee for the little machine in the room they will give you extra bags.
And they want to cater to Bar Exam Takers for July. Here's my especially important part about my experience at this hotel. Like everyone, I would park in the underground parking garage at
the Convention Center. Then during lunch breaks (1.5 hours), I would head to the hotel (since it's only 6 minutes away) for some food and coffee. (by the way, the rooms also have little frig's in them). Anyway, during the break of the last day I headed to the hotel to get ready for the Performance Test in the afternoon. But when I left the parking garage, I turned my headlights on for safety as I drove out. So I get to the hotel, have my lunch and watch the clock. My system was to leave 20 minutes before check in time to make sure I'd have plenty of time for the Perf. Test instructions, etc. We were supposed to be seated at 1:30 for instructions. So I leave my room at 1:10. But when I get to my car in their parking lot the BATTERY WAS DEAD because I forgot to turn them off when I left the Convention Center. By this time 5 more minutes had passed. I thought: IT'S OVER! There was no time to call a taxi or to get AAA their for a jump start. I got out of my car in a state of total depression. But then saw the owner of the Travelodgee getting out of his car he had just parked a few spaces down from me. He had been friendly to me during my stay, so I called out "Ray, my battery is dead AND I have ten minutes to get to the Convention Center; could you give me a ride over there, please?" He immediately said, "Of course, get in and let's go!" He got me there in plenty of time to be seated by 1:30!
I was so grateful for his help, and wanted to wrtie a good recommendation for them. Inexpensive, helpful, coffee maker in room, plus frig, and only six minutes from the Convention Center. Bar Takers in July, make your reservations. Like I said, not fancy, but you'll enjoy it and it's close. Best of Luck on the July Exam. Mike
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- San Diego is yours to explore at our Travelodge San Diego Downtown Convention Center hotel, near San Diego Airport. Located off Interstate 5, easy access to San Diego Convention Center ,Downtown, Gaslamp, our hotel in San Diego is the perfect choice for a weekend getaway or conference attendance. We offer free Wi-Fi Internet access so you can check directions or catch up on email before you head out on your long day of sightseeing. Limited Parking is available onsite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelPower, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Travelodge San Diego Downtown Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Value Inn-Convention Center/Downtown Hotel San Diego
- Americas Best Value Inn Hotel
- Americas Best Value Inn Motel