“I had a great time!”

Ranked #204 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
San Diego, California
“I had a great time!”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I had long wanted to go stay a couple of days in San Diego and I wanted a place that was close to some of the "best" locations to be a tourist and PARTY! This hotel is placed in a very great location, I was 5 mins away from both Coronado and Downtown. The hotel was very clean and the staff was very helpful and nice. I didn't eat there much but they always had food available for us. For the price I payed I am very happy for choosing this hotel. Travel safe my fellow travelers :)

Room Tip: I always like top floor
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
TravelodgeSanDiego, Front Office Manager at Travelodge San Diego Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Thank you for being our valued guest! We credit our success to providing good service and clean accommodations. We are happy you found our location close to the Gaslamp area where all the fun is at. We look forward to your next visit.

Susana F
Front Desk Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Portland
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I was looking for lodging in a specific area to facilitate my travel schedule and this Travelodge was the best value I found close to downtown. They are in the process of upgrading the exterior but the interior of the rooms were fine. The room was well equipped with a refrig and microwave. A room safe would have been a nice addition.
The only problem I had was that the first room assigned had not been cleaned yet so I had to take all of my bags back downstairs (elevator) but the manager was very apologetic and helped take my bags back up and made sure the room was cleaned up. I will stay there again if I go to San Diego.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your comments. We are pleased to learn that you found our location very convenient and the friendly staff. Thanks for understanding that we are still in the process of upgrading. We value all remarks, as they help us improve. We look forward to your return.

Best Regards.

Susana F
Front Desk Manager
PEARLAND
Reviewed January 26, 2013

So I booked this hotel from a website and I was very excited to find such a great deal near the Convention Center. I booked a 2 bed room, was given a room with a single bed. STRIKE 1. Once I walked into the room, I felt like I was being screwed out of my money. The room smelt HORRIBLE. It was a combination of mold and pot (the pot description came from my brother since I have no idea what that smells like). STRIKE 2. When my key card got demagntized, I went to the desk to tell them that I needed it re-keyed, they asked for my room number (314) and I was told that was not my room. I showed them the key card holder that I was issued with the hotel attendent's hand writing for 314- but they said they may have moved me. I told them that basically that would be a really bad idea since I was not notified of this. STRIKE 3. Later, I was waiting for a cab and another gentleman came to check in. He came back to the desk about 5 minutes later and reported that he was given a room that apparently was already occupied (although no one was in the room). The desk staff seemed confused. Long story short, he got issued another room, and I was terrified that someone less honest was going to check in later while I was at the convention, be issued my room and take all my computer equipment... STRIKE 4. On my day of departure, I went down to the "lobby" to wait from my cab at 630A, and the lobby was still closed-- even though it was supposed to open with breakfast and coffee by 6A. STRIKE 5. I had bragged on what a deal I got booking a room with you 1 mile from the convention center. After check in, I spent the rest of my time recounting the subpar conditions of the place to my friends and collegues who got a big laugh out of it. I lived through the experience, but will probably not book with you again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

TravelodgeSanDiego, Front Office Manager at Travelodge San Diego Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
I have read your complaint and am sensitive to your circumstances. Corrective actions have been taken to ensure that such incidents will not occur in the future. I believe there was a miscommunication between the Front Desk and the new staff. Our continental breakfast hours are from 6:30-9:30 a.m. Please allow me this opportunity to apologize for all inconveniences and the disappointment you encountered.

Travelers are raving about these San Diego hotels