“Nice food, slow service, a bit over priced.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Nobu

Nobu
Reserve with OpenTable
Nobu is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #128 of 4,699 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Japanese, Seafood, Sushi, Asian, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: L Street
Transit: Gaslamp
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
“Nice food, slow service, a bit over priced.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

This is my second visit to Nobu San Diego. The food is good, tasty and creative. The service was very slow this time, mainly the beverage service. Overall I would say it is nice but a little overpriced.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Port Hueneme, California, United States
“Good-Paying for the Hype”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

Nobu is known as an exclusive sushi place and the food was good, but you are going to pay for the name. The ambiance wasn't anything special either. We share 2 plates and a cold saki and it was over $100.00

1 Thank Leanna T
Dothan, Alabama
“Very good & Very Pricey but met my expectations”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

hmmm...had a group of 12 on a Wednesday night so we had to sit in the bar but it worked nicely. Waitress was VERY knowledgeable and did a very solid job in a packed environment. We had a wide variety of dishes, many suggested by our server. My favorite was the slice 30oz rib-eye. I personally would not pay the price for the wagyu beef after eating more than my share of the rib-eye. Being connected to the Hard Rock brings in a diverse crowd but that is fine with me. Did have a unique cocktail or two as well.

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“If you like Japanese food you simply must go here.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

I went into Nobu in San Diego for my birthday. On entering I was warmly received by the staff. As I was on my own I took a seat at the Sushi Bar, the chef greeted me & the server came over and went through the menu and the wine list. He was very polite and very knowledgeable.
The food was absolutely delightful, I tried about four dishes, they were simply great. I finished off with the Miso Black Cod…… one word 'Delicious'. I had heard about it, had to try it and I wasn't disappointed.
When the staff found out it was my birthday the chefs decorated my dessert, a really nice touch. The Red Wine I had complemented the meal very well and the Passion Fruit Sake was beautiful.
To say I enjoyed myself is an understatement. I went back another two times during my 7 nights stay where I tried a variety of dishes from Sashimi, the Bluefin Toro and the Japanese Mackerel were really smooth and very flavourful. The Waguyu Beef was so tender.
I have read some of the negative reviews, and yes people are entitled to their opinion. It is not the cheapest of places to eat but I think I got good value for the price that I paid.
Thank You Nobu San Diego.

• Visited February 2014
Tucson, Arizona
“VERY expensive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

You can come here just so you can say you've been there... But you can get MUCH better food at MUCH more reasonable prices, with a much better atmosphere and much better service in many places to waste your time and money here...
They are in the lobby of the Hard Rock Hotel. Weird bathroom configuration. Two way mirrors have women looking in at men in urinals...?

1 Thank DonManolo