“Great food. so-so atmosphere”
Review of Nobu

Nobu
Reserve with OpenTable
Nobu is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #114 of 4,960 Restaurants in San Diego
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: L Street
Transit: Gaslamp
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Nobu has a great reputation. My first visit was great. We had excellent service and the food was delicious. One disappointing thing was the atmosphere. Just didn't feel all that special. Would return.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

I had a business dinner at Nobu last night, and it was an outstanding experience entirely. The food was creatively prepared and presented; the staff was attentive, knowledgeable and friendly without being overbearing; the dishes were uniformly delicious and interesting. The atmosphere is elegant but not intrusive or uncomfortable. We enjoyed an outstanding dinner, and it was also possible to discuss business as well. We never felt rushed, and dinner was served in a leisurely yet timely way. I have absolutely no complaints whatsoever.

Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Ate here on Memorial Day weekend.

Service was ridiculously slow. Waited 20 minutes for bottles of beer.

Food came out with long delays between each course. Beers delayed all evening.

Food was average, not bad. Not outstanding like the price they charge for it.

I had similar experience in Las Vegas at Nobu. Sad that I have them a second chance.

Trust me - avoid this place. There are no reasons to justify it.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

This was actually my first Nobu experience. I've heard of it in the past but never tried. But during my trip to San Diego, Nobu was actually very close to my hotel, so I decided to go there. The service was good but not excellent. The waiter was not very familiar with seafood and Japanese dishes. But the food was exceptional. I especially liked the Ishiyaki duck. It is not seafood but it a rare dish and they do it very well. One thing to note is that it is pretty expensive place, so if it is not your salary day, you might not enjoy it as much ;)

Reviewed May 15, 2013

The only problem you will have here is once you taste the first entree, you will not be able to start ordering. Everything on the menu seems to be prepared with freshest ingredients and a lot of attention to detail.

Been to Nobu? Share your experiences!