“Always spectacular”
Review of Nobu

Nobu
Reserve with OpenTable
Nobu is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #144 of 4,764 Restaurants in San Diego
Transit: Gaslamp
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
“Always spectacular”
Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

Nothing short of amazing. As with all the Nobu restaurants the food, service and atmosphere are wonderful. Make sure you try the yellow tail and jalapeño appetizer. My favorite

“So worth it! A must!”
Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

The sushi is fantastic and so fresh. I would recommend the melt-in-your-mouth tuna, expensive but you have not had tuna until you've tried this tuna. There were two on offer, priced at $20 for two pieces or $26 - we were feeling thrifty (haha) and went for the $20 tuna.....twice! It was that good. Do order some appetizers and leave room for dessert - it is worth trying as much as you can at Nobu.

NY, NY
“Meh”
Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

Lets keep this simple: I'm from NYC, you're NOBU... Entire staff, delightfully pleasant and attentive. Sushi chef, we say at the sushi bar, friendly, fun, very helpful; food...meh... Salmon avocado roll, delicious, crunchy yellowtail: not crunchy and rather fishy; wasabi pepper beef skewer: bland and chewy; home made ginger our chef brought us was a yummy treat as were the jungle peaches. If it wasn't Nobu I'd give 3 maybe even 3.5 stars fire over all decent food, nice presentation and great staff but as I said in the beginning, you're Nobu and I'm from NYC

United States
“Great service and sushi”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We ate here as a group (party of 12), and they offered us the private room at no charge. Sushi was very good, good selection of wine. Service was just great and made the whole experience very pleasant. Only remark would be that the trays used to serve the "group" (shared) sushi seem cheap and definitely not in line with the ambiance of the restaurant.

Visited February 2013
Greenwich, Connecticut
“New York, Tokyo quality experience”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Last evening I had the pleasure of a group of colleagues including some guests from Japan. These same guest from Japan hosted my last year in Tokyo and I did not want to disappoint them. Nobu did not disappoint them or anyone else at the table.

Michael Paul was our server. We were taken care of like honored guests. Michael Paul is a smart, hip young man with an expansive knowledge of the Nobu menu and its intended experience. Michael Paul managed the group of six with ease - he made some excellent recommendations including the black fish as an appetizer along with some variations on traditional sushi and sashimi. The uni (I hope that is spelled correctly!) is sourced locally and it is as good as any I have had anywhere including Tokyo.

Overall, we had a very enjoyable experience at Nobu. If everyone at the restaurant is as well trained as Michael Paul, many Nobu clients are leaving very satisfied. Nobu lived up to its fine reputation. My friends from Japan were still thanking me this morning for the wonderful time we had the night before at Nobu.

Best Wishes, Colin A. Burns