“Overrated but good ambiance”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Nobu

Nobu
Reserve with OpenTable
Nobu is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #132 of 4,722 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Japanese, Seafood, Sushi, Asian, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: L Street
Transit: Gaslamp
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Overrated but good ambiance”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

We sat down and ordered. Everything was at least 20$. My friends and i ordered sushi to share. It was gone in seconds because the portions were so small. Definitely overpriced for what we got. And they favored other guests over us. The atmosphere was cool but there are better sushi places in this area

Manassas, Virginia
“Trendy, unique food.....can be pricey.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

We enjoyed a late night dinner in the bar area this weekend. I don't usually eat this kind of food but I found plenty of items that I thought I would enjoy.......and boy did I! The Spicey Shrimp Tempura was great (like a Bang Bang Shrimp). The Chicken KUSHIYAKI was tasty! I was underwhelmed with the Black Cod with Miso (signature dish). The rest of the meal was great. My wife's Cosmo's were weak. The Scotch tasted a little watered down. The staff was attentive and very helpful with making choices for dinner. Not sure the food commands the prices.

• Visited December 2012
Seattle, WA
“Outstanding food, echoey venue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

We had an exquisite dinner there - outstanding menu, freshest and best ingredients and excellent execution! I loved everything I had!!! Octopus carpaccio with jalapeno dressing - came with some baby arugula, a wonderful touch. Scallops with jalapeno salsa - served on a bed of brussel sprout leaves, a perfect counterpoint, and traditional black cod (flavored with miso) that just melts in your mouth!!! With a drink and a dessert our bills came to 80.00 each (we split the bill). This restaurant is expensive, but worth every penny. I'd go back there for a special occasion, and will order exactly the same items. Wow, was it good!!! Everything was exquisite.

The restaurant is echoey, with sounds bouncing everywhere. An upbeat, energetic venue that many American diners like, but not for people looking for a quiet, relaxing and intimate venue. I give this place a five star rating in spite of this drawback as the food is simply outstanding!

• Visited November 2012
Marshall, Michigan
“Very high end”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

Good atmosphere and good staff. The food was off the charts good! I am not exactly a huge fan of sushi, but everything was such high quality that I was willing to branch out and try new things. If you want a good sushi experience, start here.

Visited December 2011
Union Bridge, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great fresh food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

We sat at the sushi bar. The food was fabulous and fresh, but it was a Friday night and the music and atmosphere was so loud that my husband and i could not hear each other talking. We ended up cutting it as short as possible and leaving because he was overwhelmed and had a massive headache.

• Visited August 2012