“Great organic food in a hip atmosphere”
Review of Jsix Restaurant

Jsix Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Jsix Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #347 of 4,770 Restaurants in San Diego
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: J and Sixth Ave.
Transit: Trolley and public bus. Broadway & 6th Ave. bus stop. Walk 0.5mi south to J St. & 6th Ave.
Description: Jsix is a neighborhood restaurant and bar located in San Diego's East Village. Here, one can celebrate the simple things in life: a hard day's work and a good meal served alongside warm hospitality. Food that pays respect to culinary ingenuity but is stripped of unnecessary complexities is served alongside cocktails that exemplify the tradition and history of the craft. Those looking for a rooftop bar can head up to Upper East for some savory seasonal bites and craft cocktails poolside. Welcome to Jsix, where one is always a friend, never a stranger.
Kitchener, Canada
“Great organic food in a hip atmosphere”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We ate at JSix and really enjoyed it. The food at JSix is all organic and locally sourced, and the chef does a great job with all of it! We started with an artisanal bread and spreads plate as an appetizer, and then we each had a salad. I had the Little Gems with a grilled chicken breast, and my wife had the mixed lettuce salad, without the cheese that it normally comes with. The artisanal bread included olive bread, grilled sour dough and water crackers, and came with a lemon hummus, a garlic sour cream, and artichoke and cheese dip, all of which were excellent.

The Little Gems salad had two baby heads of greens, plus radishes, fruit, pumpkin seeds, and some salted foccacia bread, dressed with a blue cheese vinaigrette. Excellent! The baby lettuce was similarly good.

The pricing was about what you would expect for a funky downtown restaurant, and our server was great, really friendly and happy to chat. She also did a great job looking after us, and was always nearby when we needed her. If you're looking for a fresh, organic meal, this is a great choice!

• Visited August 2013
Lauren L, Manager at Jsix Restaurant, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
With so much beautiful, fresh produce right down the street we are certainly blessed, and that quality shows through on the menu. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience!

Brookfield, Wisconsin
“Outstanding food!”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My wife and I visited San Diego for several days, and found Jsix in a "best of" book. We showed up without a reservation on a Thursday night and got a table immediately. Our server did a great job of explaining the specials and the regular menu. We both enjoyed our meals tremendously. The food and service were excellent!

• Visited July 2013
Lauren L, Manager at Jsix Restaurant, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Great to hear! A happy guest like you is the best reward for our hard-working and caring staff!
New York City, New York
“Exceptional”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Without question, Jsix is a restaurant you don't want to miss while visiting San Diego. And if you're lucky enough to live in SD a restaurant you want to enjoy this gem on a regular basis.

The chef is creative and all the accolades are very well deserving.

The staff is knowledgable + provide 10/10 service, which I LOVE.

Don't hesitate to eat at Jsix!

• Visited August 2013
Lauren L, Manager at Jsix Restaurant, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
So glad you enjoyed, Chef has a lot of fun putting our menu together and changing it regularly! New dishes with the seasons- hope we see you again during your next visit!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great lunch and exceptional service!”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I came here for lunch on a Monday around 2pm. I was the only customer and got seated right away. My hotel had recommended this restaurant and had given me a coupon for a free meat platter as an appetizer. I asked the waiter if they would be able to possibly make me a vegan appetizer, and the chef made me a wonderful veggie and hummus plate. I also had the portobello mushroom burger and was very pleased with the waiter, because knowing I was vegan he told me that the bread had milk in it and the pesto sauce had cheese in it. He was very well versed in the menu and helped me order the sandwich but with vegan options. It was delicious and I usually don't particularly like portobellos - I find them to be both mushy and rubbery, but this sandwich was neither of those things! It was delicious! Also, another of the waiters came up to me and told me he was vegetarian and after hearing that I was from out of town, wrote down a handful of vegan friendly restaurants in the area that I should check out. Overall the staff was very friendly, very knowledge about their food, very accommodating, and the food was delicious!

Visited July 2013
San Jose, California
“Can we go back again please?”
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

My husband, toddler daughter and I had 6 pm reservations for this place the day after the 4th. We were seated immediately. I was looking for drink with alcohol that didn't taste like it. The waitress came back with a tasty loaded basil lemonade.

We ordered two appetizers, two mains and two desserts and almost everything was perfect. (I didn't care for the Chocolate Peppermint Ice Cream).

I would recommend this place!

• Visited July 2013