Older hotel in older part of town. Well kept, beautiful landscaping. Friendly staff. Internet somewhat slow but useable. Breakfast average. We stayed four days. Would return again if visiting same friends in San Diego. Hotel close to I-8 and easy to get to airport from hotel. Also near Balboa Park and San Diego Zoo. Limited upscale restaurants in area. Most cater to San Diego State College students. No elevator. Park in front of your room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Western Lamplighter Inn & Suites (a AAA 2-diamond hotel) is conveniently located 3/4 miles from San Diego State University, and only 15 minutes from Downtown, the San Diego Zoo and Balboa Park. Many of the rooms include kitchen facilities, making this the ideal place for an extended stay. Amenities include: complimentary expanded continental breakfast, free Wi-Fi and parking, and heated outdoor pool, Children 12 and under stay free. Pet friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your BEST WESTERN Lamplighter Inn & Suites at SDSU reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Lamplighter Inn And Suites At Sdsu Hotel San Diego
- Best Western Lamplighter Hotel
- Best Western San Diego
- San Diego Best Western