“Best Western Near SDSU”

Ranked #38 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Hemet, United States
“Best Western Near SDSU”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Friendly staff and a clean room. Plenty of everything. Minutes from San Diego State and the 8 freeway. Motels on El Cajon Blvd can be of suspect quality, but this Best Western serves as an example that you can find a quality motel in this area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I am a basketball coach and we were attending a tournament at SDSU and found the Best Western Lamplighter Inn close to the campus.

From the time I made the reservations it was nothing but great. The person who took my reservation did a fantastic job of helping me get the dates I wanted and a great price as well. In addition, I needed to call back to add a room and though they were full the same person helped me get the first canceled room. I was very appreciative of how he made that happen.

Our stay was great. The rooms big and very accommodating. Our basketball team had a blast and it was great to have an outstanding hotel so close to the campus.

We would DEFINITELY recommend this hotel to anyone and we will DEFINITELY be coming back!

Room Tip: All the rooms were great. The standard rooms had refrigerators and microwaves. If you are staying...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mary L
Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

Great service at front desk. Very nice pool with gaz BBQ available if you want to cook there. Enough parking space for everyone. Nice breakfast but room small so may have to wait for a table available or eat at the pool or in your room.

• Stayed July 2013
Sevres, France
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Pleasant location, close to restaurants & shops, great breakfast, clean and large rooms, very nice pool, and BBQ available at the pool. My husband, kids and I enjoyed it a lot !!!!
And the person at reception very helpful

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Eureka, United States
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Best Western Lamplighter Inn on El Cajon Blvd in San Diego is just the best! Friendly, clean, safe, quiet, breakfast with protein option, and of all the hotels I have stayed at they have never made a mistake on my reservation (like Comfort Suites x2 & Courtyard at Marriott). After the drive across town in hot summer weather they even have a huge server of ice water with lemon slices, in their friendly lobby, just to cool you off, nice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Salt Lake City
Reviewed July 18, 2013

My husband and I were traveling to San Diego to visit our son and his family who had just moved into this neighborhood. I carefully researched the area hoping to find a reasonably priced hotel close to their home where we could return often. Best Western Lamplighter is just what I was hoping to find! We were upgraded to a nice two room suite with a full kitchen, living area with sofa bed and a bedroom with two queen beds. I particularly appreciated having a bathroom that was separate from the bedroom. The kitchen was dated but clean. The property is quiet, attractive and well maintained. The woman at the front desk was very welcoming. The beds comfortable with plenty of soft pillows. Freeway access is excellent and there is a great shopping center with grocery stores, CVS drugstore, Yogurtland, restaurants, etc. just a minutes away by car. I would recommend this hotel to ANYONE traveling to San Diego whether visiting SDSU or on a family vacation to enjoy all San Diego has to offer. You can get to Sea World, Balboa Park, Mission Bay, Coronado and great beaches within 20 to 30 minutes. My husband left early one morning (6:30) for business in Carlsbad and was there in 35 minutes. Great value for your money - you can't beat that!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
YoursinHospitalitySD, Customer Service at Best Western Lamplighter Inn & Suites at SDSU, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Best Western Lamplighter Inn, and for the wonderful review; I truly enjoyed reading what you had to say! Your feedback is very valuable to us, and is very much appreciated. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I hope that you will think of the Best Western Lamplighter as your home away from home. We are so glad to know that you found just what you were looking for in our hotel.

Our company culture is based on providing cleanliness, genuine hospitality, affordability, and quality accommodations. I hope that you received all of these qualities that we strive to uphold during your stay with us. Thank you for mentioning our comfortable beds and pillows, we worked hard to find a bed that our guests would love, and we eventually chose the Simmons Beautyrest Pillowtop Matress. We appreciate that you noticed, and it’s great to hear that you liked it! I’m also glad that our location was so convenient for you.

We are very grateful for your compliments; we are not a fancy or luxury hotel, but we pride ourselves in exceeding expectations and having exactly what our guests need. It was an honor and a pleasure to have you as our guests, and we hope to see you again soon!

Yours in Hospitality,
Alex | Customer Service Agent
Best Western Lamplighter Inn
Cameron Park, United States
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Hotel is very close to campus. Rooms are super comfortable with refrig and microwave. Staff is amazingly helpful, with directions and all needs associated with stay. Breakfast service was complete. Enjoyed pool.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BW-Lamplighter-Inn, General Manager at Best Western Lamplighter Inn & Suites at SDSU, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Elizabeth,

It's a pleasure to hear that we have made your stay so comfortable. We have a single-minded dedication to outstanding customer service, quality, and value. Our supreme goal is to gain the loyalty of our guests, and we believe our AAA-2 diamond property is well located, friendly and very clean.

Thank for staying with us, writing this review and we wish for you and your family a relaxing and fun Summer!

Len Regan