Best Western Lamplighter Inn & Suites at SDSU
Fairmont.com
$255
$223
  • Pool
Omni San Diego Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$289
$260
$151
  • Breakfast included
Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$187
$178
  • Beachfront
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$138
$126
  • Restaurant
Paradise Point Resort & Spa(San Diego)
$323
  • Pool
Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$219
1,033 results
All reviewssan diego state universityel cajon blvdbreakfast roomhard boiled eggsfull kitchenfamily suitebest westernsmake your own wafflesnice poolwaffle makergreat place to stayclean roomsyogurtheated poolthe san diego areahotel staywould definitely stay here again
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed three nights here and really enjoyed our stay. We did a mini suite and were very happy with it and with the friendly staff. Good continental breakfast, clean rooms, helpful staff, comfortable beds, felt safe...everything I look for!

Room Tip: I really like the mini-suite. Plenty of room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
BW-Lamplighter-Inn, Front Desk Agent at Best Western Lamplighter Inn & Suites at SDSU, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Dear Carol P,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay at our little hotel for your visit to San Diego. Our mini suite is a great room, with the king size bed, sofa sleeper, microwave and fridge, it's both spacious and comfortable, perfect for longer stays. And we're so glad you were able to enjoy our extended continental breakfast, there's nothing like a good breakfast to get your day started right! Our entire staff works hard to provide all our guests with exceptional customer service along with quality accommodations and we are proud to see that we accomplished this for you!

We appreciate your feedback and hope to serve you again!

Michelle
Front Desk Agent

Reviewed July 4, 2013

My family stayed here last weekend for 4 nights. I was running in the Gladiator Rock n Run in Barona, and we were taking our son to Sea World for 2 days so I wanted a hotel with freeway access and convenience to the locations we were going to.

In order to save on dining out we booked a room with a FULL kitchen, Awesome! The kitchen had every item you would need for I think upto 4 place settings and all the need pots, pans and utinsels. Right down the street was a Ralph's grocery so we were able to stock the fridge and cook all our meals for every outing, which saved a lot at Sea World.

My wife is a flight attendant and is therefore a Subject Matter Expert on all things hotel comfort. She loved the bed, pillows, organic shampoos and soap. The property is peaceful and quite and the staff is very friendly.

The Continental Breakfast room was well stock and the waffle station was a real treat. I think my son is a pastry connoisseur now!

The pool area is clean with towels stocked on the loungers just waiting for your restful relaxation. I noticed it had a nice chrome gas grill, and was considering firing it up for a little BBQ. Next time!

I could keep going on and on but I will end it with my wifes review, "We will stay here again!"

• Stayed: June 2013
YoursinHospitalitySD, Customer Service at Best Western Lamplighter Inn & Suites at SDSU, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Wow! Thank you for writing such a wonderful review! We truly appreciate the feedback and compliments, and we are so glad you had such a great time in San Diego. We pride ourselves in exceeding expectations, and we are delighted to hear that we succeeded in doing so for you and your family. Our company culture is to provide quality accommodations, cleanliness, genuine hospitality, and comfort, all at an affordable price. Our main goal is to make sure that you, your family, and every one of our guests receive all of these qualities that we strive to uphold.

I hope that you had a great time at Sea World with your family, and also that your run went well. I know that marathons in general are difficult and require much stamina and discipline; completing the marathon, especially in the Barona heat, is quite an accomplishment. On behalf of everyone at the Best Western Lamplighter Inn, congratulations to you!

It’s great to hear that our location was convenient for you. I’m glad that you were able to get around the college area easily, and that our freeway access and central location was beneficial to you and your family.

Thank you for mentioning our kitchen units. These are perfect for families and extended stays; all kitchen units feature full size kitchens, as you mentioned, and come with all the utensils and cookware you could ever need. I am so glad to hear that the full size kitchen was so convenient for your family, and also helped you to economize, by not having to eat out for every meal.

Out of all the wonderful compliments that you gave in your review, the one that really stood out to me was your wife’s comments about our pillows, bed, and organic soaps and shampoos. We put a lot of time and energy into carefully choosing the best for our guests, and it is great to know that you noticed. Our focus is not only on the big things that are important to our guests, like customer service and amenities, but on the smaller things as well. Things like the mattresses and pillows and shampoos. I know that these little things can be very important to our guests, because they are important to me when I travel. The little things are sometimes the most important, and we want to get everything right, down to the smallest detail.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our amenities, and I hope that next time you visit; you’ll be able to get a good barbecue going! Thank you again for your review, and for your recommendation; it was an honor to be able to make your family’s stay a special one, and it was a pleasure to have you as our guests. We hope to see you again soon!!

Alex | Customer Service Agent
Old Town Inn

Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

Located along El Cajon, you can find it easily. It has a grocery nearby and plenty of restaurant all along, El Cajon is a very long road so you really have variety. You can find just about anything along this road, Vietnamese food, Mexican food, Chinese, hair salons, hardware etc.

Reception staff, David if I remembered correctly greeted us with a friendly smile, efficiency, great recommendations and directions for a sunset view.

The rooms were large enough with comfortable beds, good shower and good toilet vent. Everything was clean.

Parking space is ample and free. There is a self laundry room but the water was trickling so it took 2 hours just to wash 1 load. If you intend to do laundry, perhaps try the laundry place next to the hotel.

For $83+ the room comes with free breakfast that we didn't get to eat because we slept in but all in all a pretty good deal. Best Western has always given me the best possible experience with the best price so no complaints.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank tangylime
YoursinHospitalitySD, Customer Service at Best Western Lamplighter Inn & Suites at SDSU, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. We truly appreciate your support and value your feedback. We take great pride in making every guest’s stay an enjoyable one, and are so happy to hear that we could do this for you. Our company culture is to offer cleanliness, genuine hospitality, comfort, and quality accommodations, all at an affordable price. I hope that you received all of these qualities and more during your stay at the Best Western Lamplighter Inn.

We appreciate you mentioning our hardworking and dedicated front desk staff. The staff at Lamplighter Inn is always ready to help with anything, from recommending a good place for dinner to giving directions and advice on San Diego’s hidden gems. Service and hospitality are very important to us, and we work hard to uphold the standard of service that we are known for. We are very proud to know that we exceeded expectations in this area.

It’s great to hear that you enjoyed your room and the free amenities we offer, though I was very sorry to hear that you had problems with the washing machine. I agree that two hours for one load is far too long, and I apologize for any inconvenience this caused you. Thank you for alerting us to this problem; we take it very seriously when an amenity we advertise to our guests does not work properly. We will be sure to look into this immediately, and fix it as soon as possible.

Thank you once again for reviewing the Best Western Lamplighter Inn; we are truly grateful for your feedback. Your comments are invaluable, as they help us understand what is most important to our guests, what we can do to improve, and what we are doing right. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest; we hope to see you again soon!

Alex | Customer Service Agent
Best Western Lamplighter Inn

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Pros:
The rooms are clean and beds are comfortable.
Free wi-fi and breakfast.
The pool is nice but I wish they had a hot tub (after long days at Legoland and Seaworld).
Good value.

Cons:
Beware the inn is located in a "not so nice" neighborhood. So be careful when you go out at night. I went to CVS (9 p.m.) that is half block away and saw drug dealing and beggars in the parking lot.
No laundry facility onsite.
Not enough parking if you come back late at night (doing laundry offsite)
It will be nice if the maid will refill the shampoo bottle (we were out the last day of the stay).

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
BW-Lamplighter-Inn, General Manager at Best Western Lamplighter Inn & Suites at SDSU, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Dear Rita,

We are glad your family stayed with us, and reviewd our hotel. I want to apologize for not properly communicating the location of our onsite guest laundry, it can be easily missed since it is towards the back of the property. The owner and I have discussed moving it to a more central location, and that is in our future plan.

As a long time resident of the SDSU area, I have always felt safe walking around, however, I agree that in any larger city your advice is prudent in most any location other than rural. Fortunately I can say that we have a very safe property that has an excellent record with families and school groups alike.

Thank you again for reviewing our hotel, our goal is to exceed our guest's expecations in all areas, and if there is ever a concern or a question we definitely will do our best to accomodate whatever the issue.

Len Regan

Reviewed June 26, 2013

We had a great time at this Hotel very nice clean and friendly staff great location to the attractions, Stores and food! Our family had a great time swimming and the Breafest was a great way to start off the day!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Samantha,

We appreciate your nice comments, and are glad your family had a pleasant stay. Thank you for taking the time to write a review, as all feedback is important to us. Being a small hotel we pride ourselves on focusing on service, quality and value, and guests who do their research tend to agree. We definitely would like to see your family again on a return trip to San Diego.

Kind Regards,