“Great place to stay”

Ranked #51 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
San Diego, California
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a total of 50 days (yes, not a typo). Was the stay enjoyable? Yes, without a doubt. This place does live up to its rating, with its special character. My room was quite comfortable and well maintained. The fresh breakfast in the morning (hot waffles for everyone!) is quite sumptuous that makes for a good start for the day. Everyone at this hotel is quite professional and still quite friendly. The daily housekeeping (Felipa managed that for my room) was done perfectly every day. Whenever I left a note at the bedside, requesting for an amenity or a fix to something in the room, it was surely attended by the hotel staff before I returned back. The hotel has a pick up and drop facility in a 5 mile radius. For most of the days I did avail of this facility and here too the hotel staff was quite punctual and professional in dropping me to my workplace and picking me up in the evening. The hotel services and facilities (like the gym, swimming pool, and a mini library for little tots) were quite decent too. I didn't use their restaurant and hence cannot comment on the quality of the restaurant food though. Maybe next time. :)

There is an important concept of repeatability and reproducibility applicable to the hospitality industry. Any performance to be rated as great has to be repeated and reproduced on a day on day basis, and that too by all staff. As I stayed over the long period at this place, I observed that every day there was the same great performance repeated and reproduced by the hotel staff, without any drop in performance. I didn't see anyone losing their cool or getting flustered because of any problem that might creep up. There was a water line problem (normal wear and tear) on a day, nevertheless the staff managed to overcome it and provide the same service to the guests without any issue. This is great and needs special mention.

Thanks to Sean, Israel, Lauren, Renee, Nadia, Alex, Felipa, and many others at the location who helped make my stay a very comfortable and enjoyable one. I would surely stay here again when I visit San Diego again, and would recommend you to do so too.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Mandar S
Shawn P, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, San Diego North, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and experiences from your recent stay with us. As a long term guest at our facility, many of our staff members had the opportunity to interact with you on a daily basis and I can sincerely convey to you that many of us were very sad that you were departing our location at the conclusion of your stay with us. However, we are also very delighted to see that you greatly enjoyed your 50 night stay with us, enjoying all of the amentities that our hotel offers our guests, from our complimentary hot buffet breakfast, to our complimentary wifi, and fresh baked cookies. We wish you all the best, and we sincerely hope to see you when business or pleasure next returns you to the San Diego area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Korean first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I stayed here a few weeks ago and this hotel offers everything for a great price. I know this hotel is a Carlson Brand just that alone I know it was going to be great. We were greeted right away and the front desk staff was just so nice. Israel was helping us and he had a big smile on his face the whole time even though you can tell it was busy. He still made the time to ask us if we needed anything. The hotel has a snack bar and a dinning area. Their food there was great and the FREE hot breakfast was so good. They also provide all the amenities. We practically asked for anything and everything and was delivered within minutes. Thank you so much Israel for the great service and the rest of the staff for doing such a great job to make us feel welcomed and comfortable.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with the online community and our potential customers. Reviewing your comments, I am very excited to see that the highlight of your stay was the service provided by our staff. We constantly strive to provide the highest level of service to all of our guests and it is absolutely wonderful to see that we have accomplished our goal, particularly with the service provided by our Front Office Supervisor Israel. I am positive that he will be delighted to hear of the positive impact he created during your stay with us, and I will be sure to share your comments with our entire team. We hope to once again have the opportunity to "WOW" you with our service, the next time your travels return you to the San Diego area!
Reviewed February 16, 2014

The hotel overall was very clean and well maintained. It had a few minor hiccups... The satellite signal was out for the last night of our stay, the wifi signal did not load any web pages on our phones or tablets and they did not allow me an extra hour past late check out. However, those were minor oversights in comparison to the overall stay at the hotel. Check on was fast and easy, and the breakfast was great and was served hot and fresh every morning! They had a great variety! The room came with everything you would need for an extended stay. Fridge, microwave, ironing board, blow dryer, and coffee pot. I would definitely stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank 00NessM00
Lauren C, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, San Diego North, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with the online community. I would like to apologize for your experience with the wifi signal on the last night of your stay and also for not receiving the late check out. However, I am pleased to see that this did not affect your overall opinion of your stay with us. It is great to see that you enjoyed the complimentary breakfast and all the amenities that were available in the room. We’re thrilled to see that you would definitely come back and stay with us and we look forward to greeting you back here again!
Sao Paulo
Reviewed February 5, 2014

The Hotel is great. Rooms are clean and confortable, with an unique bed that makes your sleep one of the best moments of day. The employees are polite and efficient.
Breakfast is also great!
Has a big parking lot and nice pool.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have great views.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Lauren C, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, San Diego North, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to provide feedback from your recent stay at Country Inn & Suites. We are thrilled to see that you had a great stay and found your room to be clean and comfortable, and really enjoyed your sleep. We are glad that you were able to enjoy the complimentary hot breakfast buffet in the morning and our heated swimming pool. We thank you for the comments you left for our staff, as we take great pride in providing exceptional customer service to all of our guests. We hope to welcome you back to San Diego soon!
McLean, Virginia
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Very clean and organized hotel for our brief stay. We were greeted promptly by the front desk upon check-in. The cleaning staff was very friendly. The room smelled fresh, the bed linens were clean, and the bathroom was spotless. Very impressed with what we received for our budget pricing. The lounge area had a nice fire going for the chilly afternoon and it would have been a great place to do work if we had stayed longer. WiFi was also included and during the limited use of it we experienced no issues. We will definitely stay here again when we return.

***Loved the breakfast! As a gluten free eater, I can't eat the cereal and pancakes staple often found in complimentary breakfast bars at most hotels. I'm usually stuck with oatmeal and a banana if I'm lucky. I was able to eat hot eggs, potatoes, and sausage with some vanilla yogurt and fresh fruit. The orange juice blend juice washed it down and we filled up a to-go cup for coffee for our ride to the airport. Yummy!

1 Thank Natasha S
Thank you for sharing feedback from your recent experience at Country Inn & Suites to the online community. It is great to see that you found our hotel, as well as, your hotel room to be clean, comfortable and organized. We are so excited that you were able to experience most of our complimentary amenities, such as, the wi-fi, and most notably the hot breakfast buffet, which included a variety of gluten free options for you to enjoy! We are so pleased that the staff was able to make your stay even more memorable and we look forward to greeting you back when you return to San Diego.
Rancho Cucamonga, California
Reviewed January 29, 2014

This location is a diamond in the rough. Even though its in the middle of a business district this hotel is a great choice to stay. They have a great breakfast, excellent banquet staff and the most delicious cookies. The front desk staff was amazing, especially Lauren. She was quick to answer my questions and always greeted me with a great smile. I will definitely recommend this hotel to my friends and stay in the future.

Room Tip: Make sure you forget all your stuff because they hook you up with amenities.
1 Thank James S
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We strive to give each and every guest the best stay possible and it is great to see that you thouroughly enjoyed your stay and received the excellent customer service that our guests come to expect. We are so excited to see that you would recommend us and we look forward to greeting you back here for a second stay!
Orange County, California
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Our family had a great time at this hotel! The room was nice, amenities were great, including the a gym, yummy breakfast! Would definitely stay here again.
It was also very reasonably priced for such a great hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thank you for sharing feedback from your recent stay to the online community and our potential customers. We are very pleased to see that you and your family had a great time here with us, and were able to enjoy the fitness center, hot breakfast buffet, as well as, a reasonable price. Once again we thank you for the positive feedback and we hope to greet you and your family back here soon!