“accessible room- beware”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, San Diego North
Ranked #52 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed June 26, 2012

first of all i ordered a double queen bed fo me my wife and two teenage kids 16-17. showed up to the desk only for them to stick me with a accessible room which means they gave me a room for the handicap. my two teenage kids slept ont the bed with my wife and i slept on the floor.for which i had to or else i would lose a one night stay. the hotel had three football teams there so that's where my pre ordered double queen bed went instead, the first night was chaos,kids running up and down the hallway,no control whats so ever, then we slept only to get awaken by a bliniking and blaring alarm in or room @ 2:00 in the morning,which we all had to evacuate!turns out that kids from the team pulled it! then i had to pay and extra $20.00 to at least 1 night stay on what i originally ordered. beware of accessible rooms! make sure you need accessible(which means handicap) room if you are handicap use it if you have two teenage children and wife don't use it or you will end up on the floor like i did .. good luck was a nightmare for me.

3  Thank jesse a
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

I am very sorry to hear of your concerns and experience over this past weekend. I understand there was some sort of confusion or booking error made with your reservation, which was purchased on a 3rd party site, and I apologize if our staff was unable to remedy this matter to your satisfaction. If you have a moment, I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to discuss your concerns directly, so that I may address these items effectively.
-Ryan Foley
Manager

Reviewed June 25, 2012

Stayed here for three nights on business. Staff was excellent, as was the breakfast. Room was clean and quiet. I was on the 7th floor and at the end of the hallway, so I was worried about wireless, but the signal was strong and clean.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, and other potential guests. We are pleased to hear that your stay was comfortable, and that you had the opportunity to enjoy our complimentar breakfast buffet along with free wifi access. We look forward to your next visit, and again, thank you for your kind remarks!

Reviewed June 20, 2012

Stayed there for one night while visiting San Diego, very nice, clean place to stay. Staff were professional and polite. Breakfast was good (standard fare for Country Inn's) and fresh. Just the right number of seats for a busy area in the morning. Parking was convenient and everything worked like it was supposed to. Definitely staying here again if I am in the area.

Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

Mitchpta,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with us, and other potential guests. On behalf of our entire staff, I want to extend our appreciation for recognizing their hard work and service. It is also great to hear you were able to enjoy our complimentary breakfast buffet in the morning. We hope you will continue to stay as our guest during future visits to the San Diego area!

Reviewed June 14, 2012

Arrived late with 4 kids and a wife, they were able to get us rooms that connected, very helpful, very clean and updated hotel. Breakfast was great and the staff was a complete pleasure. If I'm heading that way again, I will be back!

1  Thank Chad D
Rfoley1, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, San Diego North, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2012

Chad,
On behalf of our entire staff, I want to thank you for the wonderful feedback and remarks you have shared with our team. It is wonderful to hear our staff assigned connecting rooms for your family, and that you had the opportunity to try our complimentary breakfast buffet in the morning. Hopefully you will consider staying with us again the next time you visit San Diego!

Reviewed June 7, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a long birthday weekend. From this location we went to the zoo, the beaches and Sea World, all within 10-15 minute drives. It is located in a business park area rather than the touristy and somewhat overpriced "hotel row." This is a particularly upscale Country Inn, the room was very nice, everything felt very new. I will say we arrived VERY late on the Friday night (more like Saturday morning) and the hotel's lot (it shares parking with another hotel just across the way) was quite full. Had to park around the side, but that's just a busy weekend in beautiful San Diego for you! We pulled the blackout curtains and actually slept past Noon the next day, so no noise to wake you up and you know on Saturday morning there had to be kids running up and down the hall. Didn't hear a thing!!

The only drawback I could see was that, because it's in a business park area rather than a tourist trap, you had to venture out a couple of miles to find restaurants, even fast food. I would definitely stay here again, though.

1  Thank Jaeded07

We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your birthday weekend with us! Thank you very much for sharing such kind remarks and helpful feedback regarding your stay. Hopefully you had the opportunity to try our complimentary breakfast buffet in the morning. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed May 30, 2012

We were very pleased with our whole experiece at this hotel. We were greeted nicely, checked in quickly and the room was clean and comfortable. We only ended up in Mira Mesa because of the crowds in San Diego, but we'll stay here again.

2  Thank Jeff L
Rfoley1, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, San Diego North, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2012

It is great to hear you enjoyed your weekend as our guests. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and other potential guests. The staff truly cares about the level of service we provide, and the recognition truly reinforces their efforts. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed May 27, 2012

What a delight to stay in a hotel that offers so much for a very reasonable price. We were very impressed with our stay at Country Inn. Check in was smooth and the staff professional, helpful and friendly. The room was large, immaculate and attractive. This is the first hotel that we have stayed at that i has gone "green" where we could actually use the bedside lamps for reading in the evening. Breakfast was varied and included in the price. Parking and wi-fi was free. While it isn't in the middle of the city, it is quite close to the freeway and minutes from lots of shopping and restaurants.

2  Thank JSW842

JSW842, On behalf of our entire staff I would like to thank you for sharing your feedback with us and other potential guests. It is wonderful to hear of your experience with our staff, and the comfort of your stay. Thank you for mentioning our Green Key award. We are so excited about our continued efforts in Responsible Business practices, particularly in our Green efforts and community outreach volunteer events. It is also nice to hear you were able to enjoy some of our complimentary amenities such as the breakfast buffet, parking and wifi. We hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you come down and visit San Diego!