“What a Wonderful Hotel!!”
Review of The US Grant

The US Grant
Ranked #43 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 15, 2010

So glad we chose to stay at the US Grant.
After our flight home to Australia being delayed at Los Angeles for another 3 nights, we decided to leave the madness of LA and see what San Diego had to offer.
We drove past the front door of the US Grant at night and had to stop. The lobby itself is AMAZING! The staff were all so friendly, especially the woman that served me. She even suggested a BEAUTIFUL restaurant in little Italy. (Called Bon Appetito! If in town I highly recommend!)
Our room was outstanding for the price, we even decided to stay an extra day than planned.
All in all a wonderful experience, I would recommend to everyone and I hope to get back there one day!! :)

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The US Grant

Reviewed November 15, 2010

We LOVE the US Grant and feel that this hotel is a truly wonderful place to stay and dine while in San Diego. Expect to pay a bit to stay at this hotel but it's so worth it.
The food is wonderful but again very expensive!! They do have happy hour so take advantage!! The dinner I had was the Halibut which was the size of two ice cubes very small portion even for me!!I eat very little and I left HUNGRY the cost of this meal was $30.00 so do take this into consideration. The Kobe beef burgers are awesome so are the sliders!!
My key did not work at this visit making my visit a bit frustrating but the staff at this hotel is so accomodating they are attentive and very kind!! I LOVE this hotel and hope that you will too

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed November 11, 2010

I would stay here again in a heartbeat! Wonderful staff! Got upgraded to a suite. Didn't get a chance to experience the Grant Grill but will do so next time. Beds are very comfy! The only tell tale sign that this is an 100 year old hotel were the small elevators. Otherwise, I would have guessed 30 or 40 because everything is so up to date.

Reviewed November 11, 2010

Worth every penny. I knew when we arrived and the Valet escorted us to the front desk we were in for a wonderful stay. The staff was professional, polite and attentive. This was our 20th Anniversary weekend. The Hotel and staff took what I had hoped would be a good weekend and made it great. The only negative comment I could make is to the traffic noise at night. But with the awesome downtown location I don't know how you could resolve that problem. I very much look forward to the next opportunity we would have to return to this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 8, 2010

While I was only at your hotel for one evening, the experience was truly extraordinary. The lobby was spectacular and the employees were quite proud of their hotel as they explained the history of The Grant to me.

The Grant Grill was a wonderful dining experience.

Reviewed November 7, 2010

This hotel is beautiful. The staff are fantastic. The property is located right next to the trolley system and the Gaslamp District. We would recommend the US Grant to all.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 6, 2010

Top! friendly people - superb bar - concierge very helpful - great rooms - Breakfast staff sometimes not fast - convenient location walkng distance from Convention Center