“Had a great experience here.”

La Quinta Inn & Suites San Diego Old Town / Airport
Ranked #94 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersBronze level
Orange Co. CA
“Had a great experience here.”
Reviewed June 24, 2009

Staff was very helpful. Room was perfect for our 2 nights. Teenager loved the pool. Close enough to Old Town to stroll over and have dinner. Breakfast in the morning suited everyone in our party. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank SeniortravelerfromOC

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
las vegas
Reviewed June 14, 2009

We love this hotel. Not only is it affordable...but the the location is great! We have never had a bad experience with this hotel. The staff is wonderful and the rooms are always clean and orderly.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mike1z
san diego
Reviewed June 11, 2009

Yes there very polite and have great attitude towards guest. And heave great customer serivce i ever had. Expecially the GM is very polite and trys her best to make her customer feel comfortable while there stay.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank mnuno760
Fort Wayne, IN
Reviewed May 22, 2009

We had a wonderful stay ! This was my 1st stay at a LaQunita Inn. A pleasant change from large resorts ,this small casual hotel had a nice pool, hot tub, shuttle to the airport, FREE WIFI, and Super freindly staff. The morning breakfast was a nice surprise with the freshest fruit, pastries, and hot waffles!! A short walk to the Old Town shopping area made this the perfect choice!! We will be back! Thank you to everyone at the Inn for making our stay so special !!!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank marker0706
Berkeley, California
Reviewed April 13, 2009

I've decided to start keeping track of all the hotels that cheat. They quote a rate, I ask for all other charges and I'm not including taxes here, and still, when you show up or check out there are extra charges that they insist are required.

I don't care if it's a big fraud or a little fraud, it's still a fraud. And this hotel cheated us, charged us for fees that they refused to reveal in advance. So I will not stay at this hotel again.

Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank lookupatthesky
GMLQOT, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites San Diego Old Town / Airport, responded to this review, April 15, 2009
We do not have any hidden fees. When guest check in we have them sign a registration card, the registration includes the room rate and fees, such parking and in room safe. Would you give me a call please? I would like to find out why you feel cheated. 619-291-9100 Karina Winkler
Huntington Beach, CA
Reviewed December 2, 2008

My stay at La Quinta Inns was great. I met up with some friends and we hung out and I was so pleased with the service we got. Nina was working on Saturday and I musta asked her a zillion questions....where's this??? where's that??? She was so helpful and always had a smile on her face and though I'm sure she gets asked those questions every day by every guest she never made me feel like I was bugging her and I think she made the stay extra special.

The gal that was working on Sunday, November 23 (I don't know her name) was also very very nice and I left feeling I wish everyone in service could be as good as they were.

Thank you Nina and gal I don't know your name for making our stay way more then pleasant and made me want to come back.

Elaine Hirsch
Huntington Beach, CA

Stayed November 2008
3 Thank princesselaine
GMLQOT, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites San Diego Old Town / Airport, responded to this review, March 25, 2009
I am so thrilled to find out that our staff answered all your questions, especially Nina and Belsa. Guest service is our #1 priority. I’m sure that you and your friends had a blast in Old Town. Give me a call to book your next reservation. Always at your service; Karina Winkler
Smartypants1471
Reviewed November 25, 2008

We stayed at La Quinta Inn San Diego (Old Town) for three nights and had a very good experience. The hotel is practically across the street from the airport, but we could not hear it. We found everything to be in order, with particularly comfortable beds. The hotel is only a few easily walkable blocks from Old Town where we found good Mexican food and a fair number of goofy touristy shops. Complimentary breakfast was good. Overall, a positive stay for us.

• Liked — Comfortable bed and big room
  • Disliked — Our room got cleaned quite late in the afternoon each day
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Smartypants1471
GMLQOT, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites San Diego Old Town / Airport, responded to this review, March 26, 2009
Your right about our location! La Quinta Inn in Old Town is very centrally located. We are in walking distance to the Old Town Trolley Station, restaurants, museums, shops, and much more. Now we have complimentary Airport Shuttle as well. Our beds are super comfortable and we are glad that you had a good night sleep. Thank you for your review. Karina Winkler