“Harbor Island Hilton”

Hilton San Diego Airport/Harbor Island
Ranked #59 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 7, 2014

The Harbor Island Hilton is my favorite destination of all my travel destinations. The staff is ultimately friendly and eager to please. In five years of stays at this location, I have never left disappointed. Clean, comfortable, friendly, efficient…. What more could you ask for… Absolutely the best…..

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Mac G, Manager at Hilton San Diego Airport/Harbor Island, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2014

Thank you Charles R for the great review! We are most grateful for your loyalty to us and we look forward to many more years serving you. Your kind comments have been shared with our staff. Thank you again and we will see you soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,176)

Reviewed May 2, 2014

I am a frequent traveler with the U.S. Government and have stayed at many, many hotels. This is by far one the best hotels I stayed in. I actually checked out of another local hotel to stay at this Hilton and I was extremely pleased with my choice! From the initial check in to the check out the staff were extremely friendly and offered me assistance. The room was immaculate and the maid service should be commended on the cleanliness of not only my guest room but the hotel itself. My room at the Hilton was not only cheaper but also larger than my previous hotel and it included a refrigerator! Overall, I was very pleased with my stay and look forward to returning in the very near future!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you Terra J for the five star review! Our staff takes great pride in the service they provide and your comments have been shared with the. Thank you again and we look forward to many more visits!

Reviewed May 1, 2014

Was satisfied with overall stay. Hotel room clean. Staff was friendly and check in and check out process efficient. Could improve on request for taxi. Requested a taxi 45 minutes prior to service and had to request again when taxi didn't arrive at expected time.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time review your experience. We are pleased your enjoyed most aspects of your stay. Typically, taxis are available throughout the day on our front drive and I apologize for the your taxi wait as that is not common given our proximity to the airport. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Great Hotel. Great Staff. Great Location. We plan to return to San Diego for a longer stay and will not hesitate to stay with this hotel. The whole experience from arrival to departure was A++. Location is great, easy access to harbour and within walking (if you like walking) to downtown. Awesome. We recommend.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you Carol S for the five star review! We greatly appreciate your kind comments and are thrilled you enjoyed all aspects of your stay. We cannot wait to welcome you back soon. Thanks again!

Reviewed April 26, 2014

Got a room facing the bay - awesome view. Easy access to the airport. Decent room but could use updating. Very friendly staff. Only complaints were very dusty vent and peeling paint in bathroom and shower head is mounted for someone 5'6", not over 6'.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Russell R

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. Our location on San Diego bay offers breathtaking views and we are pleased your were able to enjoy the view. Thank you again and we look forward to having you back in the near future.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

I travel to San Diego about every other month. I always stay here on the last night because I can drop off my rental car, get the shuttle to the hotel, and enjoy the last evening without worrying about getting the rental car dropped the same morning I fly out. They have a Shuttle that will take you down to the Gaslamp. The shower is weird. I'm only 5' 10" and I need to bend to get under the shower head. The view of the bay and the sailboats is awesome. Overall a real good value for this area.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience and for the compliments of your repeat business. We are pleased you took advantage of our convenient and complimentary shuttle service. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed April 25, 2014

Wife and I stayed here one night after going to Sea World for the day. Room was clean and very comfortable. Price was very reasonable and the room overlooked the marina which was nice. Great value for what you get.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Mac G, Manager at Hilton San Diego Airport/Harbor Island, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2014

Thank you Rick M for the five star review! We are pleased you were able to enjoy our location and the quietness of Harbor Island. We look forward to having you back soon!