The Lafayette Hotel, Swim Club & Bungalows
Paradise Point Resort & Spa(San Diego)
$267
$159
Good 3.5/5
$599
Fairmont.com
Excellent 5/5
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$172
Hilton.com
Very Good 4/5
  • Restaurant
Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$345
$299
$219
$183
Agoda.com
Good 3.5/5
  • Room Service
Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$162
Very Good 4/5
  • Beachfront
$149
BestWestern.com
  • Pool
Bahia Resort Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$213
$159
Great 4.5/5
Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$176
$169
  • Pool
Omni San Diego Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$310
HotelsClick
  • Restaurant
1,377 results
All reviewsred foxpoolside roombob hopepool partiesel cajon blvdbalboa parkfrench doorspool areabeautiful poolfamily suiteronanlobbyparkingzoohillcrestdowntownsd
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I needed a central location and a close restaurant (in house) for a business trip to San Diego. What I received in the Lafayette was a great deal, great restaurant, pool and atmosphere that helped my trip turn out relaxing and so incredibly enjoyable! The decor is classic old Hollywood and the rooms perfectly sized. The staff appeared so happy-smiling and greeting me always. I saw a ballroom-the Mississippi -downstairs and it is where I will be booking my company Christmas party. The whole place is full of little 'discoveries' to find..details..courtyards, giant chess set, pool, outdoor spots, indoor spots..little surprises that kept my stay delightful. I am completely in love with this place! What a great find indeed! Eat at the Imig's restaurant and you will never want to leave...comfort food with zing. It's crazy-good!

Room Tip: Get a pool-facing room if you want to really enjoy the atmosphere to the fullest!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Elizabeth W
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The last time I stayed here I had a horrible experience because they were in the process of renovating their rooms but they have definitely redeemed themselves.

I stayed in the Presidential Suite for 1 night and my boyfriend and I did not want to leave at check out. The room is HUGE! Easily the size of a 1 bedroom apartment. The bed is a CA King I think and there is a separate shower/tub which is cool. Plenty of closet space and seating. The living room portion has 2 comfortable couches and its really spacious.

You're able to open all the windows which is a plus because the room was really hot and stuffy when we got there like it hadn't been ventilated in awhile.

I'm really pleased with the renovation of the rooms and will be booking here again.

Room Tip: Live music Friday nights between 6 and 8, not sure if this is only during the summer.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank nicoledenise
miami001, General Manager at The Lafayette Hotel, Swim Club & Bungalows, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Thank you nicoledenise. We are glad you visited us again and look forward to your future stays. We currently have Live Music every Friday evening from 6:00pm-8:00pm as well as a live Jazz Trio Neo from 5:30-7:30pm Thursday's. Enjoy!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

the lafayette has always been lucky for us (us, meaning roxy, my service pooch and me)...no, you may not win a gibson electric guitar, or may not be familiar with the "bike the blvd" event that sometimes ends up at the big L (as i call it), however book your birthday here...staff is fantastic, clean, big airy rooms (ask for a downstairs patio pool room) and for only 5 bucks...you too can join the pool party (great cocktails and servers) ...tell 'em roxy sent you

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank buclmo
Reviewed September 8, 2012

We stayed here for a wedding, and we are very happy that the couple chose this hotel for us. The recent renovations seem to have really updated the rooms, which are a good size, and with good amenities. It is a little noisy however--especially if you get a pool side room. Also, for the interior rooms other friends told us that they could hear people coming in and out of other rooms and closing their doors.

The public areas are particularly charming, and the restaurant is very good. We enjoyed a casual brunch there, sitting on the patio overlooking the pool. Some of the pool activities can be a bit noisy--we witnessed a very pumped up exercise session--but it all adds to the charm of this community gem.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Snorkeleyes
Marisa F, Director of Sales at The Lafayette Hotel, Swim Club & Bungalows, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

We're glad you appreciated the charm of the Lafayette and enjoyed your stay! We hope you choose us for your next visit to San Diego.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

This is like being in a museum or an old movie!! However, the staff are excellent and very helpful. The room was large,clean and quiet. The pool was immense.Not close to any attractions and there were no restaurants nearby

Room Tip: Stay away from the rooms fronting onto the pool as there can be a lot of noise from the pool. The Red Fox restaurant is again like going back several decades but the food is good and good value
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends