Town and Country San Diego
Fairmont.com
$255
$223
  • Pool
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$157
$126
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Omni San Diego Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$289
$260
$151
  • Breakfast included
Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$187
$178
  • Beachfront
Paradise Point Resort & Spa(San Diego)
$323
  • Pool
Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$215
$219
3,771 results
All reviewsterrace cafethe fashion valley malltrolley stationbit datedold townsea worldpoolspaticharliesfreewaycaliforniasdzoo
Reviewed October 12, 2010

As others have said, the grounds are like something out of a movie set. The gardens are quaint and delightful, full of flowers and hummingbirds. The place is a bit of a maze to navigate, but if you have time, that kind of wandering is relaxing and gives the feeling of being lost in your own world. The staff are amazing. I was there for a week-long business meeting. Staff were always right on the ball when we needed something, even if it was a crazy last-minute request, like a surprise lunch for 40+ people. They were really friendly, too. Every last staff person that I bumped into had a smile and a hello. That made such a difference during a stressful meeting. I would love to go back and spend some actual time relaxing there!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 10, 2010

Having to drive a truckload of my daughter's stuff to San Diego wasn't fun, not to mention my baby moving away to college, and I needed a place to stay and park the truck (and it's contents) overnight. I was referred to this hotel by someone in my company familiar with the area, and he definitely steered me the right direction! By the time I got there, I had lost my marbles, and everyone put up with me quite well; exhibiting a great deal of patience through my lack of brain function; they were all very nice, and polite to the finest detail. The grounds were nothing short of a garden; palms, roses, etc., and meticulously maintained. From my balcony, I looked down onto a clean, clear pool and yard. The elevator was fast and smooth. The door lock functioned just fine, and I walked into a room with a four-post king size bed. The slider opened out onto a balcony that looked out across the Hotel grounds, across to the nearby hills, and yet still seemed private. The tv was neatly hidden in an armoire, and there was a gaming control tucked in there as well, although I didn't get into that. The room was clean, bathroom and shower as well, right down to the vacuum patterns on the carpet. I actually took photos with my phone and sent them to my girlfriend, just to make her regret not coming along! Even the evening guard/ lot attendant was great! I apologize as I do not remember the gentleman's name, but what a great guy; knew the area, was very personable, and was happy to offer suggestions and directions. My daughter and I dined at Trellises, and we both just sat and relished in what we had requested of the chefs. The service was both fun and attentive, all the while professional. I will never again be able to have that moment with my daughter, that last dinner out together as she grows from being Daddy's lil girl into an independent young woman, and Trellises created nothing short of a perfect setting. Thank you, to the staff and crew of Trellises restaurant and Town & Country Resort Hotel, for what you do everyday is now a memory and moment in time that I, and my daughter, will always have. When I come back to visit my lil girl, I will be sure to bring my girlfriend, and hopefully we will stay a little longer to enjoy your hospitality!
A weary traveler and Dad

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 6, 2010

We booked into the town and country for a conference in April. One of the more interesting facts is that when you check in you sign an electronic register that announces that there is a $50. per day / per room fee for checking out early. No mention of the charge when you book with their online system or with thirdparty web providers.

The place was such a dump that we did check out after the first night and moved to the Marriott property just across the highway which was $50. per night less expensive and was far nicer, no ridiculous daily parking fee. If you are expecting a "resort" and the 1960's were a fun time for you, Town and Country is the place for you.

I'm amused to read all of the rave reviews for one of the little overpriced restaurants. If you took those restaurant reviews out of the hotel list, you'd probably end up with two stars.

I'd give Town and Country one star, just because there were no bedbugs in my room.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank BigBear2000
Reviewed October 3, 2010

This place is garbage. For the price you pay, you would expect some luxury or clean rooms.. Everything is old and outdated. Bathrooms are tiny. When i got to my room there were dirt smearings on the wall and i'n the bathroom, and an old dirty washcloth hanging i'n the shower. They need new cleaning staff who actually clean, and i found hair i'n my sheets that was not mine. They rip you off with every service, the only good thing about this place is the palm trees. This shouldn't be called a resort, it should be called a fat rip off enclosure you can sleep i'n. i wish i would have stayed at marriot!!!

• Stayed: September 2010
2  Thank Travelmatt86
Reviewed September 28, 2010

If you are looking for a dated, worn, retro-type vibe, then this is your spot! This place is in need of some serious renovations, although I bet it was considered super swanky during its prime. Three of my seven light bulbs were burnt out upon arrival. It is clean though. The food at the resort is also stuck in the 60s or 70s, with little to no access to decent salads (iceberg lettuce anyone?) or vegetarian choices and NO mention of local or organic anything. You can, however, get coconut fried shrimp or hot wings and a wide variety of other previously frozen then deep fried items. Lodged between some shopping malls and right across the street from a golf course, you will need a car to see the sights (like the beaches) of San Diego. Very attentive and nice young staff which is why this place gets 2 stars.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business