“A Wonderful Hotel Experience”

Town and Country San Diego
Ranked #180 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed June 15, 2010

My wife & I just returned from the Town & Country, in San Diego. Our week at the hotel was first class all the way. From the moment we were greeted at the check in desk to the check out our experience was worthy of a "10". The room was well appointed, on the fifth floor, overlooking the pool area. When we walked around the grounds we say roses galore. It felt like a tropical paradise. We had dinner at the "Trellises" Restaurant, which was serving a lobster tail dinner, which was specially priced. The pool was well heated, which is important in the cooler temperatures in San Diego. We felt very relaxed and at home during our seven day stay.

Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (3,710)

Reviewed June 15, 2010

I have enjoyed staying in San Diego for years but would never again stay at this place. It is a money-hungry, low quality resort. We have to walk miles to get anywhere. When we do come to our building, we have to walk down a passage through all the maintenance area and I don't even feel safe. There is no bell-hop service to be found. We bought a package that the front desk was inclusive of internet, fitness AND SPA and parking. Turns out the Spa was closed two out of the four days we paid for and the package didn't include the spa (at least according to the spa). Also when my husband and I went to the fitness center together, they told us that the package was for one person only. In short, this is one of the most disappointing hotel experiences I have ever had and we plan to check out early. I would rather just stay at a Red Roof Inn, where the expectations are low!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 14, 2010

We just had a delightful lunch at Trellises Garden Grille at the Town and Country Hotel in San Diego. Wonderful food and great outdoor atmosphere in a garden setting. Flowers and plants everywhere. Our waitress was Pati Muklevicz, who tried to UNDERcharge us, but we caught the error and everyone ended up happy.

Try the Chocolate Macademia Nut Ice Cream Cake.

Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank nancyzac
Reviewed June 7, 2010

I first heard of the Town and Country via a friend whom I asked for an affordable hotel recommendation. Our friend recommended contacting Barbara Whitlock at T&C. Barbara was fantastic in booking our hotel room and was able to accommodate several room/date changes on our end. My girlfriend and I were in town for the San Diego Rock and Roll Marathon (She ran, I cheered). We had a great time in San Diego and a great experience at the Town and Country. Check-in was incredibly quick and easy (no line or wait). The rooms were simple yet very clean. For us, the best part of the hotel was the convenience (less than 5 minute walk) to the Trolley which provided us with easy access to Old Town, the Convention Center/Race Expo, and the Rock and Roll Finish Line. I would definitely stay at the T&C again.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ericjdonovan
TownCountryTerry, Director of E Commerce at Town and Country San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review and for mentioning the great customer service you received from one of our staff members. We appreciate it very much. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay but most important congratulations on running the Rock n Roll Marathon...what a great accomplishment. Hope you will run again next year and stay with us and yes we agree we have the best location in the city. As you mentioned you can access the downtown area in less that 15 minutes without the parking hassle. Look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed June 7, 2010

I went on a spur of the moment trip to San Diego. My sister reccomeded this place to me and I went sight unseen. It was a wonderful evening. I would plan on spending more time here next visit. The resort is centraly located and and nearby to so many great attractions. I have breakfast in the cafe and the buffet was delicious. The gounds are lovely and I enjoyed an evening stroll.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank woolyone

Dear woolyone;Thank you taking the time to post your wonderful review. We are very glad you decided to visit San Diego and chose to stay with us at the Town and Country Resort Hotel. We do indeed have very lovely grounds and they would be the perfect choice to have your evening stroll. We look forward to your return visit and please next time do stay longer and enjoy not only San Diego but all that the Town and Country has to offer.

Reviewed June 4, 2010

Where should I start dirty room I had a bug on my pillow. The maid service left my room door open not just cracked open but wide open. The room smelled like smoke I had a headache all night. I was in nonsmoking room. Terrible experience terrible hotel. Some people state great hotel but could be that they have never stayed in a good hotel.

1  Thank gutierrezmmc
SanDiegoHotel, Director of E Commerce at Town and Country San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2010

I apologize that you were not satisfied with the condition of your guest room or with the service levels of the hotel. We inspect our rooms on a daily basis and we will inspect your room to ensure it exceeds our normal high standards. Although the Town and Country is not a brand new hotel we are constantly updating and renovating our rooms on an ongoing basis. Again, please accept my sincere apologies for your hotel experience.

Reviewed June 2, 2010

I was here last year with my church group but I didn't get the same service that I got this time. When I check in at the desk I told Lisa I didn't get the room that I wanted last year, so she apologized to me and she went to get the manager Nancy to find me a nice room. It took Nancy almost 15mins to get the room that I want, I really appreciated. While I was waiting for my room, I found that the front desk people are very friendly and pleasant, they all try to ask me if I am waiting for help. Leah, Jamie and Donna, they all look so professional with their smile on their face. I had been to other hotel that charge me more but I never had this welcome feeling like in Town and country. Even my hotel room is quite far away but I don't mind to walk because every single corner I walk by, I see pretty flowers and friendly people.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
SanDiegoHotel, Director of E Commerce at Town and Country San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2010

Dear dispensing,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your positive review on the Town and Country! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your return stay. I have sent your review to our staff mentioned, thank you for pointing out our friendly staff. We look forward to your return.