“needs improvement”

Ranked #182 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Las Vegas
“needs improvement”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

The only thing that was done was our beds, everything else was still left undone and messy. We only left tips as etiquette. Also, there were 2 roaches behind the beds and the sink clogged up once. Everything was so expensive and I honestly wouldn't have minded paying if the service would have been better. Will not be coming back here and definitely will not recommend.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

barbaraw387, Town and Country at Town and Country San Diego, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
There is no excuse for the problems you encountered and we do apologize. We've shared your review with housekeeping management and want you to know that there will be improvement should you decide to provide us another opportunity to serve you in the future. We appreciate your feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (759)
  • Polish first
Patterson
Reviewed July 3, 2014

I return over and over to this resort because my requests have always been honored. I reserve a cottage room because I like the nostalgia and bragged about it to my roommates but when we arrived I was told they can't make those kinds of guarantees and did not have the rooms I requested available. After an 8 hour drive planned to arrive at 3 p.m. check in we had to wait almost two hours for a room. The manager felt that if we would take the room in the tower he offered we would be in a room right away. If I wanted to stay in a hotel room I would go to the Hilton to earn points. I like the ambience of the older part of the resort so needless to say, we were not happy campers. And the most disappointing of all was that they put us in the parking garage to scrapbook. I found that very insulting. I will return but only if I get to request where I want to stay and only if we get to scrapbook in a real convention room and not next to a car. Unbelievable!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We're so sorry you were not able to stay in the cottage room that you like. Unfortunately it was a sold out weekend for your event and not all room types were available. If they could have moved you, the front desk would have happily done so. Please know that the parking garage was booked by the meeting planner, it wasn't moved there by the hotel and the cars that were there were conventioneers who were also approved to park there by the meeting planner. I hope you'll provide us another opportunity to serve you in the future. Thank you.
Palmdale
Reviewed July 3, 2014

I didn't enjoy my stay, I was put in the wrong room, didn't get put in the right room til my last night of stay, when I told the clerk about the mistake she acted like there was nothing wrong never going back.

2 Thank Ana C
I'm not sure what you mean by being placed in the wrong room until the last night, but I do apologize to you and regret that you, in turn, didn't enjoy your stay with us. We are sorry.

Travelers are raving about these San Diego hotels

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Enjoyed the gift shop, Sunrise Deli, and Charlie's. (No gluten free choices). My room was clean and nicely prepared. Meeting rooms were ready and waiting. Staff was very helpful to accommodate our conference changes and quick to help with tech problems.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thanks for choosing our hotel for your conference. We are here to serve and appreciate that we made changes and took are of tech problems quickly and efficiently for your group. We have shared your comments on providing more gluten free choices for our guests and thank you for letting us know. Thanks.
Highland
Reviewed July 3, 2014

I stayed here with family for couple nites. Comfortable room, nice pool, centrally located for activities. I would stay here again. My sister wanted a room change so rooms could be closer and the staff was very good about making this happen for us.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thanks for staying with us for a few nights with your sister. I'm glad we were able to accommodate her request for a room closer to you and that you enjoyed not only the guestroom, but he pool and our central location.
Phoenix
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Nice resort but it was not convenient for conference attendees. Eating places within the resort are afar from the meeting halls. Long line was at Starbucks on the premise because it didn't open until 7 am. Service to refill pitchers of water was a nice perk. Lobby is pretty far from the rest of the premise. Directions are to find where rooms are and meeting halls are.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We're sorry our 32 acre property was too much acreage to get around. Normally this is one of the things people love about the hotel. We also have over 600 employees who would be more than happy to assist you in finding where you need to go, so please feel free to ask anyone for help. We hope to have you back with us.
Fresno
Reviewed July 3, 2014

The room in the Garden rooms, at first glance, was cute and satisfactory, however, within the first 5 min, the toilet paper holder fell off the wall, the cabinet door below sink fell of its hinges, and the lamp next to the bed kept blinking off and on. These little things are annoying.Other than that, the room was clean and the staff was very prompt and courteous.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thanks for mentioning our prompt and courteous staff and the cleanliness of the guestroom. You don't mention whether you called maintenance to take care of the problems you encountered in your room, but we do apologize and will make sure the room is checked immediately. Thank you.