“It was Ok..”

Ranked #182 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Glendale
“It was Ok..”
Reviewed May 9, 2014

My only real gripe was that we stayed there while a conference was going on. We had a terrible time trying to find a parking space. Other than that it was nice. The little deli that was on-site offered some nice food for quick snacks. It was close to the mall so and right off the freeway so we had a number of restaurants that we could visit. We were also about 15 minutes (max) from Petco Park, the San Diego Zoo, and Mission Beach.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

barbaraw387, Sales & Mktg. Coordinator at Town and Country San Diego, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your staying with us and are glad you were able to utilize, not only our onsite restaurants, but the mall next door and various attractions freeway close to the Town and Country. We look forward to having you with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (759)
  • Polish first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel to attend a conference and I should have followed my gut and stayed somewhere else. The rooms are old, the rooms are seriously dusty (I was sneezing all week), the rooms are dirty. When I checked in there was a lollipop stick and serious dust bunnies behind the door, I looked everyday to see if they would disappear, they were still there when I checked out, and I'm sure they are still there. That floor was never swept. The light fixtures were dirty. They over charge for parking and internet (which is slow). The food at the conference was awful. The service was awful. The only good thing I could say and it's not directly related to the hotel, is that the liquor store across the highway will come over and get you if you don't have a car. There are plenty of other hotels in the area.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank Kimberly O
We are so very sorry that your room was not properly cleaned before or during your stay with us. Management will review this and act appropriately. We do apologize to you and thank you for all your feedback on your visit. Thanks for providing us with your review.

Travelers are raving about these San Diego hotels

Nashville
Reviewed May 9, 2014

This was my second stay at Town and Country. I stayed in the Palm Tower, and although my room didn't have a view, it seemed lux. I loved walking the grounds. For a business trip, I felt relaxed when I returned home.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We appreciate your coming back to stay with us again for your business trip. So glad you were able to relax and enjoy your guestroom and stroll through our beautiful grounds. We look forward to having you back for your 3rd trip soon.
San Diego CA
Reviewed May 9, 2014

What I love best about the Town and Country is its kitschy charm. I always am in the Regents tower area and the meeting rooms directly south for various conventions, and it is totally my happy place. I love the Chanticleer room for being so odd and funky and comfortable. I love all the roses and bowers and wooden fences and iron outdoor furniture. please never change!
I only wish the closet was more easily accessible without messing with all the door conflicts.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We're glad we were able to accommodate you in your "happy place" on the east side of the property. Thank you for your very nice review. We'll have maintenance take a look at the closet door. Thanks.
Cd. De Mexico
Reviewed May 9, 2014

The service in general was excellent, and the room was really comfortable and clean and that is something that I really appreciate in a hotel
In my experience, the hotel is located in a perfect place near of all and quiet and tranquil.
As I was there for the ICMCTF 2014, I have to be in the hotel for a long time, but that was no a problem because there are excellent restaurants with delicious dishes.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We're glad you had a excellent time here during the ICMCTF convention. We're glad we were able to be your home away from home during your week in San Diego. Thanks for your review.
Pfinztal
Reviewed May 9, 2014

I felt very well in the Hotel. A large and comfortable room as well as the very well maintained garden of the resort. The Hotel is situated Close to the trolley.
What I really missed howver, was a fridge on the room.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your review letting us know that you enjoyed our hotel and it's gardens and proximity to the trolley station. Refrigerators can be requested on a complimentary basis, pending availability. Please note this for your next visit. Thanks.
Fresno, California
Reviewed May 8, 2014

I will not stay at Town and Country again! First, quite disgusting not to have trash liners in the cans in the rooms (and yes, we told the front desk about this) and to find a pair of dirty socks from the prior guest at the edge of the bed on the floor! Second and very important, it SHOULDN'T take THREE hours and FIVE calls to BOTH the front desk and housekeeping to get an ice bucket! When we talked to one of the managers upon our check out, we felt completely blown off!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank 29alanal
barbaraw387, Sales & Mktg. Coordinator at Town and Country San Diego, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
We are so very sorry for the poor customer service you were treated to. You are absolutely correct in that it should not take that long for an ice bucket to be delivered to your room, or for finding a pair of socks on the floor upon your arrival. Our apologies to you. Housekeeping management has been provided with your comments and will take immediate steps to correct these issues. Thank you for your time.