“Great room with amazing service!”

Town and Country San Diego
Ranked #194 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
San Diego, California
“Great room with amazing service!”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Booked this hotel on short notice, and received a great big room for not a great big price. The staff treated me like royalty.Checking in was quick and painless. I will definitely stay there again when I revisit San Diego.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
barbaraw387, Sales & Mktg. Coordinator at Town and Country San Diego, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
We're so pleased you loved your room and the service we provided. We look forward to welcoming you back to the T&C.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (739)
  • Polish first
Lake Elsinore, United States
Reviewed December 13, 2013

I believe this must be my 25th stay at the Town & Country over Thanksgivng for the Jazz Fesival. The Staff all do outstanding to keep everything perfect, and it has always met my expectation if not more. Checkin is so smooth, plenty of staff and so no long lines. Checkout is stream lined and easy.
Splitting a bill is done so efficiently that makes it easy to share a room. The Christmas tree decoration on the towers is a welcome sight every year. Keeping the water available in all the venues is appreciated. The ice cream sundaes a delight, so like I stated it is all pretty close to perfect. The rooms are clean and comfortable. So no complaints. Keep up the good work. Thanks and a prosperous New Year. Jacky C

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much for being our guest for almost 25 years for the Jazz Fest. We love having all of you with us year and year and can't wait for next year. You have a prosperous New Year as well.
Santa Monica
Reviewed December 13, 2013

We stayed at Town and Country while in town for a soccer tournament, The place is very big and spread out, has so-so dining choices with several restaurants, cafes and a "grab and go" shop. For breakfast, we found that the grab and go's Starbucks coffee drinks and the pastries were the best option. For dinner, probably best to eat out...but if you want to stay in, there are choices.
Overall, a good price for a hotel of this caliber.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We've just recently become "pet friendly" in our standard rooms. We've created a grassy relief area with baggies and the walk around the property is a beautiful walk to take by the river. We thank you for staying with us for your soccer tournament and hope your team did well. See you for the next San Diego tournament.
Clovis, United States
Reviewed December 13, 2013

The room at the tower was very clean and comfortable. Meals provided by hotel for our conference was very good and handled smootly by staff. The eating establishments on site were wonderful, food delicious, staff again was very attentive to our needs.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thanks for staying with us for your conference. So pleased you enjoyed your meals, room and, most especially, our bellmen. We look forward to having you with us again.
Los Angeles, United States
Reviewed December 13, 2013

I was very disappointed! My first room felt like I was in a very cheap motel. It had a horrible smell and I did not feel safe. I asked to have my room changed, and was given a poor attitude from the front desk clerk. Initially she told me that the only rooms that they had available were smoking rooms but after informing her that another guest (a friend) had just requested a room change without any problems she quickly found a non-smoking room for me. I was then moved to the renovated part of the property, which was night and day from the old room.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We were very close to being sold out during the time you were with us, but I'm happy that the front desk was able to find you an alternate room more suited to your needs. I do apologize, however, for their "poor attitude". There is no excuse for this and we do apologize.
Walnut Creek, United States
Reviewed December 13, 2013

We enjoyed our stay of 5 days over Thanksgiving. The room was clean comfortable and in a good location in the tower. I had two issues. The door between our room and the one next to us did not keep the sounds for the a joining room out. We could hear every word our neighbors said even when they spoke in normal conversation. I do not believe there was a double door between rooms.

My real issue with the hotel is that I wanted to book the room for next Thanksgiving to assure an equally good room for next year. the person on the desk told me they can't do that. I have learned when some one says can't, they are telling you they won't or will not do what you are requesting. This is a very poor attitude from a hotel. We book rooms in other hotels a year in advance and we are guaranteed the same room year after year.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for staying with us over Thanksgiving and we look forward to having you back next year. I have asked our reservation manager to call you personally to book your 2014 stay. You are correct in that they could have made your reservation for you right away. I apologize that this was not done, but we are taking corrective measure immediately. Thank you for letting us know.
Windsor, United States
Reviewed December 13, 2013

December 2013 business conference: close proximity to airport, to shopping and restaurants. Found staff to be accommodating, especially the luggage/bell service. I was recovering from foot surgery and they were very helpful for getting around the grounds.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We're so pleased that our bell service were able to take care of you, I do hope you have recovered from your foot surgery. Thank you for your review and for staying with us for your business conference.