This hotell is a convention hotell, not a hotell that will give you personal experiences. I stayed at this hotell in October when I attended a conference for 4 nights. My husband and our 15 months old toddler went with me. As being a parent and staying at this hotel, the greatest pros was the garden room we were given. The room was in a one storey building, facing a small garden with a lawn, chairs and sofas. There was only a small step from the room to a one stair step out to the garden areas which was great when you have a toodler! The largest con was the lack of a refridgerator in the hotellroom. IF there would have been a refridgerator, I would probably give the hotell one more star. Now, we stored fruit and some toddler food in the icebucket which was really inconvenient,
But above that, the coffee machine worked good, the soap held good quality and we liked the towels in the bathroom. Sure, the room and the bathroom was a little bit outdated, but it was clean. The laundry service worked just fine and the people at the frontdesk when checking in and out were very nice and helpful. We tried the food in all the restaurants and they were children friendly at all the three places. It actually worked gret to bring a child to the fine dining option, the Trelises. We went to the diner with sports theme one night, but I would not recommend that place if you have children. It is extremely noisy, not very nice at all, but the food was ok.
The beds were of good quality, not too soft. A crib came without extra cost but be sure to bring some extra blankets and a pillow for your child.
Parking is really easy, there are alot of parking spaces, but still organized so that our garden outside the room was not right on the parking spot, which felt nice as a parent.
The hotel can easily be reached from the highway, is close to Balboa Park and San Diego Zoo. The shopping mall Fashion Valley can be reached through a path from the hotell, it's only 5 minutes away, and there you have different department stores, restaurants and shops.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Mission Valley and the heart of San Diego. Convenient, central location provides easy access to all of the city's sites & attractions. 6 miles from Lindbergh Field and ten minutes from Old Town, Zoo, Balboa Park, SeaWorld, the bays & beaches. On property you will find expansive grounds in addition to a fitness center, 3 pools, and 3 restaurants. Adjacent to a trolley stop, Fashion Valley Shopping & golf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone and HotelQuickly so you can book your Town and Country San Diego reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Town And Country Hotel San Diego
- Hotel Town And Country
- Town Country Resort San Diego