Our reservations got mixed up and we arrived one day earlier than they expected. However, with 1,000 rooms they were able to accomodate us. Our first room, on the first floor near the ice machine and two roads was noisy, outdated and needed remodeling. We requested a newer room the next morning and were immediately accomodated and placed in a large remodeled room that was comfortable and clean, This resort is right next to an exclusive shopping center and the trolley downtown which makes it somewhat convenient for getting around. If you don't go to the shopping center to eat (cheaper) you are limited to only the restaurants on the very large, complex campus that comprises the hotel. You will need the map they give you at check in!
Grounds are lovely and well kept.
I was impressed with the assistance of the bell desk. One excellent suggestion was that if we went to Kelly's Restaurant we could easily split a meal if we were not too hungry and there was no charge for extra plating. Great idea as the portions were quite large.
I wasn't impressed with the amenities in the room. We were provided with coffee but no tea and only one serving for sugar/creamer. If you have more than one person having coffee or if you like your coffee light it would be helpful to have more sugar and creamer. It isn't that expensive and for the price of the hotel they can certainly afford to be more generous in this regard.
For those who go - there is free coffee in the reception area in the morning as well as newspapers. It took me a few days before I discovered this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Mission Valley and the heart of San Diego. Convenient, central location provides easy access to all of the city's sites & attractions. 6 miles from Lindbergh Field and ten minutes from Old Town, Zoo, Balboa Park, SeaWorld, the bays & beaches. On property you will find expansive grounds in addition to a fitness center, 3 pools, and 3 restaurants. Adjacent to a trolley stop, Fashion Valley Shopping & golf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Expedia, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Town and Country San Diego reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Town And Country Hotel San Diego
- Hotel Town And Country
- Town Country Resort San Diego