“Lisa U”

Town and Country San Diego
Ranked #184 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We stayed at the Town & Country Resort for our 30th wedding anniversary. Our stay was a very pleasant experience. The front desk staff was very efficient and accomidating. We had a room by the pool that was very nice. We had our anniversary dinner at Trellises our waiter was Chuck and he took very good care of us. Robin the manager/hostess was so nice to us she and Chuck made us feel very special on our night out. The food was excellent. After dinner we sat at the bar and listened to the wonderful band, our bartender Rez was very accomidating and pleasant.
Thank you to the Town and Country and their staff for a wonderful weekend. We would stay again any time.

Room Tip: The rooms by the pool are very cozy and quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa U
barbaraw387, Sales & Mktg. Coordinator at Town and Country San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Happy 30th anniversary! We thank you for choosing our hotel and restaurant to celebrate your special day. We appreciate your mentioning Chuck, Robin and Rez from Trellises Garden Grille as making your visit to the restaurant above and beyond. Your review will be shared with them, as well as all management of the hotel. Again, thank you.

There are newer reviews for Town and Country San Diego

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Checking in very late was not a problem for Fabian Martinez, Front Desk associate. He was wonderfully cheery and accommodating, finding handicapped parking close to my selected room. Tish Williams had made the special room arrangements and had made sure that a package was left for me. Fabian delivered it without a hitch. All was very much appreciated, not to mention the lovely, quiet and comfortable room that awaited me!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo

Thank you so much for posting your review about your stay with us in your “lovely, quiet and comfortable room” and the service you received from both Fabian and Tisha. We will pass along your comments to them both and appreciate your letting us know that they were especially helpful to you during your visit to our hotel.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

The Regency Tower of the hotel where I was accommodated was horrible. Rooms are too small but not well kept. Housekeeping leaves much to be desired and as one of the waste I have ever experienced. Let alone the beddings were never changed unless one presses on the housekeeper. Eratic operation of the elevator was also added agony. Most of the time I chose to use stairs because the elevator was taking it time! I do not know whether all this is attributed to age of the the Regency Tower. I definitely would not take up accommodation in this tower again may be other wings of the hotel.

Room Tip: I would suggest to try other rooms of the hotel than getting a room in the Regency Tower.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

We are in the process of redoing the sleeping rooms in our entire hotel and are currently working on the Regency Tower you mentioned. We regret that your room was not to your satisfaction. Also, regarding the elevator, we had been waiting for a part from the elevator company which was delayed and we are so sorry that this caused an inconvenience to you and any other guests staying in that tower. We do apologize.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

We were there in Dec. 2012 for the Mike Dempsey International Para-Table Tennis Tournament. In the mornings we often ate breakfast in a very nice restaurant located on the grounds of the hotel. It was a very nice, very high class restaurant. Our waitress was a Hispanic lady named Angelica. And she was true to her name. Her personality was like stepping into the sunlight. We were so blessed to meet her. She made us want to come back every day. And we could not leave San Diego without saying good bye to her. What a sunny way to start the day and what a warm way to end the day. My daughter and I hope she is there when we come back in 2013.

Room Tip: The shuttle to anywhere on the grounds was a very hospitable service. And the garden grounds were s...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
barbaraw387, Sales & Mktg. Coordinator at Town and Country San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments on your stay for the table tennis tournament and the wonderful service provided to you by Angelica at Trellises. We will pass along your comments and want to let you know that she has been one of our special team members for ten years so the chances are very good she will still be here when you return later this year. Again, thank you and we look forward to having you and your daughter with us soon.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

My wife and I had a very nice stay Wednesday night to celebrate my wife's birthday. My wife's gift was a reflexology massage at their spa Bella Tosca. My wife mentioned that the massage was great and the masseuse, Minkkah Pham, was fabulous and is thinking about going on a regular basis. We had dinner at the Trellises Garden Grille which was very good. I had the Puerto Nuevo lobster and my wife had the halibut and both were very good. We finished with the banana bread pudding with great. It was a great getaway.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Happy belated birthday to your wife, what a wonderful treat to get a spa treatment and a halibut dinner at Trellises Garden Grille – and the lobster for you too! We have passed along your comments to the spa so that they can pass along your wife's thanks to Minhkha for her wonderful reflexology massage. We do hope she does come back on a regular basis. Have her go her to their website to sign up for their special offers which are sent out via email on occasion. Thank you so much for posting your review. We appreciate the feedback.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

We were treated to the hotel spa, Bella Tosca Spa, as a gift from my mom for our anniversary. We chose the 1/2 day treatment and enjoyed EVERY minute of it. My only comment is that I wish I brought my bathing suit. I didn't know or think to pack this item, as I wasn't staying at the hotel or on vacation, and they have a really nice jacuzzi area for men and women. The jacuzzi's are seperate however I could only sit on the side with my feet in since I didn't bring my suit. Otherwise, I had a FABULOUS time! Enjoy.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

What a wonderful treat from your mother to get a ½ day spa treatment for your anniversary. I have passed your comments along to the spa so they would know how “fabulous” a time you had, and to remind them to mention bringing a bathing suit to future guests who make appointments with them. The spa is a full-service spa and all treatments include the use of fitness center, locker room, Jacuzzi, dry sauna, herbal steam room, robe and slippers just so you know for future. Thank you.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

It is on the central of the city and we were able to get around the city without driving
Everything was great in the hotel. Service was exceptional and we had a great weekend
It poured but it didn't ruin our stay. The hotel was so convenient to us especially because we have not been to San Diego and we were not as savy about the city
Overall the stay was great

• Stayed: December 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your review about your first visit to San Diego and the Town and Country. I am pleased that our centralized location made it easier for you to get around our beautiful city, even with the rain you mentioned. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.