“Props to Town and Country”

Town and Country San Diego
Ranked #184 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
San Diego, California
“Props to Town and Country”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This venue is by far the best in town! The property and staff set the bar high for San Diego hotels. I just attended the SD Asian Film Festival Gala which had 720 people and it went so smoothly, reception area was fantastic and dinner was the bomb! The food was so delicious - i almost licked my plate but i was sitting with strangers so I held myself back!

I work with Rhianna and her staff twice a year with my program The Aaron Price Fellows so I know her talents and expertise already - but i still wanted to share my thoughts after this Saturday!
Congrats Town and Country, Rhianna and staff for a FANTABULOUS EVENT!

Theresa Battle

Room Tip: The room I had was very convenient!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
barbaraw387, Manager at Town and Country San Diego, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
It was our pleasure to host your Gala here at the Town and Country. Our catering team, including Rhianna, looks forward to making each and every event an affair to remember – and we obviously met that goal with your event this time, and in the past. We appreciate the time you took to post your review and can’t wait to be of service again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (759)
  • Polish first
Las Vegas
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed here with our soccer team for a tournament in San Diego. We choose our hotels based on location, cost and room size in relation to beds. This hotel met all of the criteria. Close enough to the fields, $120 a night, 2 double beds and free breakfast. We were booked to stay for three nights. When we came to check in it was a 40 minute process and the line was very long. Our room never got cleaned the whole time we were there. Breakfast was good with the exception of the giant rats that were running around the entire property! Seriously, that was enough to ruin our appetite. The rooms and bathroom were very small and cramped with outdated furnishings and bedding. We were very disappointed for the amount of money we spent. We ended up checking out early and moving to a new hotel that was closer to the fields, cleaner and less money.

• Stayed July 2012
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in San Diego for your soccer tournament. I do regret that check in took awhile, however a lot of tournaments take place over holiday or busy weekends in the summer so this might have been the reason for the delay. I am quite surprised at the mention of a rodent sighting and hope that you brought this to the attention of the front desk while you were here so that we could immediately take action. This is unacceptable and we do apologize to you. Again, thank you.

Travelers are raving about these San Diego hotels

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I was at your beautiful Resort over the weekend November 2nd-4th. The Food and Beverage Manager Dixie Easton was very helpful, and assisted my employees with all of the necessary items we needed. She was very friendly, and was very responsive to all of our needs while we were in the Convention area. She provided everything we needed to make our stay more enjoyable.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
barbaraw387, Manager at Town and Country San Diego, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful comments on the service provided by Dixie in our Banquet Department. We will pass your comments along to her and hope that we have the opportunity to serve you again soon. Thank you.
Redding, California
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I recently stayed for the first time at the Town and Country resort for a conference and was impressed with the amazing customer service that was given to me from every department. On two of the mornings, I had breakfast at the Trellises Restaurant and received spectacular service from Pati. She was conscientious of our time limitations and got us in and out so quickly. I hope that I will be able to return to this fabulous resort someday!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
We couldn’t have asked for a better review title. Knowing that our customer service was the “best” is what we truly strive for. It’s wonderful that we made your first visit to the hotel such a promising one and we also hope you return again sometime in the future so we have another opportunity to serve you. We will pass along your comments to Pati in Trellises since her service was of special mention. Again, thanks.
Madisonville, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed November 2, 2012

This is a wonderful and beautiful hotel! The room was very nice and clean and I liked having an extra sink and vanity area outside the bathroom! This really came in handy since there were 3 females staying there! The entire staff were very friendly and helpful! The grounds are beautiful! There are several different restaurants to choose from right there although we only got to visit two of them and both were very good! The location was great, only a short cab or tram ride to the main attractions. I would definitely stay there again if I go to San Diego again! I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to San Diego!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your wonderful review about your visit to San Diego. We also hope you’re able to visit San Diego again so that we have the pleasure of your company again. We appreciate your comments on the staff, room, grounds and our proximity via cab or trolley to area attractions.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed November 2, 2012

When ever my wife (Jeanne) and I visit San Diego (20+years) we stay at the T&C. This trip was particlarly significant because we were celebrating Jeanne's 65th birthday. As always our stay was beyond excellent. The entire staff from the front desk, to the housekeepers, to the grounds keepers etc, make guests feel so much at home. While it's impossible to name everyone who made our most recent visit memorable I would like to give a special shout out to Barbara Whitlock, Robin Davis & Rez. The special dinner Robin and Rez provided in Trellises was very, very special !!! As Jeanne remarked this was a memory for her to cherish and her "best ever" birthday. Thanks again, see you again soon!!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so very much for your 20+ years of patronage to the Town and Country! We appreciate your coming back year after year and being a part of our frequent visitor program, ESC. We’re so pleased we were able to make your wife’s 65th birthday celebration her best ever and can’t wait to have you back with us again. We thank you for taking the time to post your review.
Sacramento
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I had a business trip and this hotel was perfectly centralized to fit my needs. I always tell everyone that this hotel is one of San Diego County's best kept secrets. There's fabulous restaurants, shops, cafes, bus and rail lines within walking distance. Please relay my thanks to Ms. Barbara Whitlock for setting up my reservation and our hotel room service technician Victoria for ensuring my room was clean and ready prior to my arrival. Access to the freeway was quick and there are plenty of banks for ATM services. I will continue to refer this hotel to my colleagues and encourage other people on business or personal trips to use this hotel. Many, many thanks!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
barbaraw387, Manager at Town and Country San Diego, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you so much for your review and for recommending our hotel to other business travelers. As you said, we have so many venues either on the property grounds, or close by, to make your stay complete. We will pass along your thanks to Barbara and Victoria and appreciate your taking the time to point out that they were of special assistance to you. Again, thanks.