“Eviroment very nice and... nothing else”

Town and Country San Diego
Ranked #184 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Turin, Italy
“Eviroment very nice and... nothing else”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

the resort is quite big therefore I cannot be sure that all the rooms are like my one. I have been in the room 2802. the room was really small, expecially the bathroom, the windows were dirty, the cabinet was so shallow that the hangers do not enter. The bathroom was so small that I cannot dry my costumes, there were no drawers to put the shirts, there was no minibar. the wifi was so slow that I can not use my iPad. Breakfast, parking, sports hall were not included, I needed to print my bording pass, the reception asked me 0,50$ per page!

1 Thank Davide_Brad
barbaraw387, Manager at Town and Country San Diego, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
We have a few different types of rooms on property, so, no, not all would be the size or set up that your room was. Perhaps a different room would have been a better fit for you. We are in the process of updating our in-room Wi-Fi to a custom designed and engineered AT&T system that will be fast and reliable. We do have free boarding pass computers throughout the property, if you were charged, you must have gone to the business center which is run by an outside agency and not to the pod centers we have at both the front desk and the convention center. I regret that you were not informed of his free service. We do also have bundle packages available so could have incorporated your parking, breakfast, etc. at a better rate. Thank you for your review. Your comments will be shared.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (760)
  • Polish first
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Thanks God That I wasn't influenced by those tendentious reviews. I booked through Expedia for 10 nights in this hotel and believe me I was very satisfied . The staff was very friendly and helpful ,the rooms were very clean and cosy , lots of parking places and believe it or not I even used to park just in front my bedroom . Of course , I must mention the lovely greenery around the whole place and the incredible location of that resort . Would you believe me if I tell you that I have just checked out 0n 22 of Sep and already I start to miss this marvelous resort.

Room Tip: "Rooms on the south side are quieter"
1 Thank ZIZO56
We appreciate your review and thank you for posting it. We will welcome you back anytime you’re back in the United States and San Diego, California. Your comments will be shared with management as we enjoyed reading all of them, but especially the part about the staff being very friendly and helpful! Again, thanks.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 27, 2012

This is a good hotel at a mission Valley. It is huge with options of being in the tower or rooms around the pool area. Conveniently located near a good shopping mall. It is a huge complex so you get lost very easily. Good breakfast is served but Kelly's stake house does not have a good steak. So try to avoid stake at Kelly's stake house. There is a shuttle to the airport which can save you so money. Good value for what you get. It is very relaxing and at the end of the day it is San Diego. So enjoy. Highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
barbaraw387, Manager at Town and Country San Diego, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thank you for your review of our hotel. As you mention, it's very conveniently located in Mission Valley, right next door to San Diego's largest shopping center. I regret that you had a little trouble getting around the property, we do hand out property maps and have them posted throughout the property and our 700+ employees are around to direct or personally walk "lost" guests to their destination, whether it be a restaurant, pool, guestroom, meeting room, or whereever they are looking to go. Also, normally we get nothing but rave reviews about the steaks in Kelly's Steakhouse, so I'm surprised at your comments, but pleased that you did enjoy our breakfast at one of our restaurants. We appreciate your review and will share it with all management.
Moorpark, California
Reviewed September 26, 2012

My son and I came to San Diego for a concert and chose to stay at the Town and Country due to its centralized location just off the freeway. It was so easy to get there and back and we also had time to visit the mall next door before heading home. The weather was great and everyone at the hotel was very helpful to us during our visit. I got lost once while taking pictures of the beautiful roses on property once, and a very nice young lady named Lauren actually walked me to my room. So sweet! Special thanks also to Barbara for blocking one of the recently updated rooms for us in the high rise section of the hotel. We will definitely come back again.

Room Tip: Go with the high rise tower, close to heated pool, mall and restaurants
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
barbaraw387, Manager at Town and Country San Diego, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
What a treat for you and your son to visit San Diego for a concert. We are freeway close to most attractions in San Diego so were pleased that it all worked out so well for you and that you were able to enjoy the mall next door as well. We appreciate your mentioning a couple of our employees who were especially helpful to you during your stay. Management gets copies of all reviews so this recognition is wonderful. If you have the time, please post a picture or two that you took of the roses on this website. Thanks for your posting.
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We had an amazing time at the Town and Country, everyone was very friendly and the room was great. The room was very clean and had a awesome view of the gold course and court yard with our pool. Every meal we had was really good and all the servers were friendly.We used the trolley to go to a Padres game on Saturday and the Chargers home opener on Sunday. My wife and I go to San Diego as often as we can and we will stay at the Town and Country every time we are in San Diego.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for choosing the Town and Country to be your hotel of choice when you come to San Diego. It’s our pleasure to serve you and your wife each visit. What a treat to be able to see a Padres and a Chargers game all in one weekend. As you mention, the trolley is very convenient from our “backyard” to both stadiums. We also appreciate your comments on the friendliness of our employees, your room and view from your room and your enjoyment of your meals in our restaurants. We can’t wait to have you back with us!
Las Vegas
Reviewed September 25, 2012

There is no better place in San Diego to stay for Chargers games. The trolley is right out back from the Town and Country main tower. The rooms were dynamite with a nice, clean bathroom and excellent beds. The view of pool and property is cool too. Highly recommend this place. Hotel Circle can be risky at some of the other places, but not at Town and Country.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
barbaraw387, Manager at Town and Country San Diego, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thank you for your very nice review of the hotel and its proximity to the trolley and, therefore, direct access to Qualcomm Stadium for the San Diego Chargers games. Unfortunately they didn’t win this past game, but they are still 2-1 – Go Chargers! I hope we can expect your company for future games – reminder, they play Denver on October 15th!
Glendale, California, United States
Reviewed September 25, 2012

This is a great hotel. It is a great location, close to many things to do. The staff is very friendly staff. The beds are very comfortable. The pools are great with a lovely temperature. You can walk tothe mall from the hotel tower. You can drive over the hill to Hillcrest in just a few minutes.

Room Tip: Stay in the tower
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We’re so pleased you enjoyed your stay and that our staff provided you with “friendly” service. I hope we have the pleasure of your company again in the future.