“Friendliest, most compassionate staff in San Diego” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Town and Country San Diego

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Town and Country San Diego
Ranked #203 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Parkville, Missouri, United States
“Friendliest, most compassionate staff in San Diego”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

I was at a conference in San Diego last week and stayed at the Town and Country. During the week, I tore my calf muscle while sightseeing. When I arrived back at the resort, Robert drove me to my room and then found me a pair of crutches. The next morning, they drove me to my conference room. Later that afternoon, the manager insisted that I have one of the bell boys drive me to the pharmacy. Throughout the next days, the staff always made sure I was okay, getting me ice when I needed it, and just checking in with me. I was overwhelmed by their kindness, and will recommend the Town and Country to anyone!!! Thank you, guys!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jennifer G
Barbara W, Manager at Town and Country San Diego, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
We’re so pleased that everyone went above and beyond to help you in your time of need. Robert truly is an asset to the company and we're glad that you were still able to get around during your conference with the help of the crutches and rides you received. Thanks for your review; we appreciate your taking the time to post it.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (715)
Palmdale, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

I was attending a 3 day conference and time was short. I ate at the Trellises restaurant and Pati Maklevicz was so helpful! She recognized our time constraints and brouight our food quickly and serviced our table flawlessly!

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your wonderful comments on the service provided by Pati at Trellises Garden Grille. She had been with us for a while and is truly one of our 5 Star employees! Thanks for sharing your review with us.
Perris, California, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

I have stayed at many resorts and this one by far is no where near being a resort! I was totally disappointed with this place because our room was a bit outdated, the carpet in the room and hall ways had not been vacuumed and the restroom had not been cleaned. I can guarantee this room had not been serviced for a while because the toilet bowl was smeared with feces and the towels smelled. The next morning we left the room very early and when returning to our room I was hoping to find a clean room! Again I was disappointed to see that they had only kind of dusted the sinks, but our tub & toilet bowl were still dirty. I right away called the front desk and asked that they send someone immediately to clean the restroom which they did (@ 11:45pm). At the time I was asked to please call the manager (the next day after 6:00am) and let her know of my situation. I did give her a call and explained the issue but I felt as if it was no big thing to them. I honestly would not recommend this place to anyone and I made sure that everyone in our group (very large group) and the person, who recommend this place to me, were aware of my experience. Over all San Diego is very nice, but I was so uncomfortable being in my room!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Your experience at our hotel is not indicative of a normal stay here and is completely unacceptable. There is no excuse for the lack of cleanliness you encountered and this will be addressed. We will be contacting you personally to discuss this issue. Thank you.
Pahrump, Nevada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

We arrived at 10pm to check in to the hotel. After we checked in they said to go to the room there will be plenty of parking! After driving around for 1 hour we called hotwire and they wouldnt help us! They were quite rude. So we went to the lobby and told them there is no place to park and they started arguing with us. About 20 more people came in with the same complaint so they finally let us park in the 20 minute parking place over night. They said we wouldnt be towed away. Without even taking the type of car we had. When we finally to to the room after 1 1.5 hours we saw all types of big rodents or badgers roaming around the premise. The room was very small and smelled like ben gay. Least it was semi quiet and the bed was semi comfortable. I would never recommend this hotel to anybody!

Room Tip: Dont stay at this hotel if you know what is good for your trip!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank rastababe56
Barbara W, Manager at Town and Country San Diego, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
I am so sorry you were unable to find parking, but pleased that we were able to accommodate you in the 20 minute parking over night. We do have over 1,300 parking spaces on property, unfortunately it doesn’t sound as though they were close to where you were staying and it was already an inconvenience that you had to drive around for so long, we do apologize. We will follow up on the other matters you addressed as well to take care of them. Thank you.
victorville ca
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

I stay at this hotel every year for a conference. We have only had good experiences in the past. (My only complaint is that the rooms need updating and the bathrooms are TINY!). This time we were given room 3207. Awful location if you want to sleep past 6am. First of all, this is a high traffic area. I discovered quickly that the walls at the Town and Country are paper thin, You can hear every conversation and footstep outside the room. Also, the staff is up early wheeling around noisy carts at 6 am on the dot.

In my sleep deprived state, I started to realize that the old rooms were not charming as I previously thought. They are just old. As I started to think about it, I realized that I have been coming here for over 10 years. They have never changed the decor. Even the creepy picture of the scary little Victorian girl is in every room and always has been there. (Seriously, she is like something that you would find in a haunted house-I hate the picture)

I would say that next year, I am going to probably try the hotel next door. It is close to the conference, but maybe a more updated room?

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We are sorry that you were unable to sleep due to the noise of the housekeeping carts; we will address this issue with staff. We are in the process of updating all of the rooms, and this process includes removing the very famous photo of the little girl in the blue dress. This process has already been started and will be completed over the next year or so as we do have 1,000 rooms. Thank you for your input.
Temecula, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

I'm staying here right now for a conference. We stayed here several years ago and after 2 years of the same old thing, we always stay at other hotels in the Hotel Circle/Mission Valley area. Regrettably we had to settle for Town & Country this time. While the hotel boasts about being in beautiful San Diego and having Conference facilities, yes the grounds are nice...I'm sorry to say that's pretty much the only amenities they have going for them. The room looks exactly the same as it did some 10 or so years ago. The same dated room decor is amazingly still here...the spread looks as though it's been washed over 1000 times...and yes...it's the same spread! The furniture is scratched and chipped, the wallpaper has stains, the bathroom floor grout is dirty, bathroom fixtures have the finish wearing off and the wood parquet flooring is warping...as it was years ago. The lamps honestly look like they were purchased at a yard sale...I'm not exaggerating, and all the shades are loose and unable to be tightened. Right over the entry door outside is a large square 12x12" hole cut out of the drywall with the words "broken" scribbled in pencil. Nice touch. Honestly, the only update I can see is that the portrait of the mysterious little girl has been replaced by a non-descript design and the TV is now a flat screen.

Presently there is hammering and drilling going on, the power went off just long enough that I had to reset the alarm clock, and, despite having the DO NOT DISTURB sign on the door so I could rest, housekeeping just called to ask if I needed anything. REALLY?!

As for service, I am always amazed at how overwhelmed the desk staff appears, year after year, with accommodating a large group. Aren't they a Conference Center? You'd think they'd have gotten it right by now. When we called ahead to inquire about possibly requesting a certain room location, the clerk on the phone replied, "You can ask for whatever YOU want." (sarcastic tone here) Wow! No sense of accommodation for a hotel. I've never heard that from ANY hotel...and we travel frequently.

OK, let's review: Hotels are in the hospitality business, right? So, they are supposed to WANT you to enjoy your stay, be comfortable, and be accommodated. Right? It seems as though their attitude is perhaps that they know they are the only large local Conference Center and they don't have to really try. (more drilling is going on...!) Hotels need to keep their facilities up-to-date...for so many reasons... This place is frozen in time.

Room Tip: Palm Tower is the tallest building and if you like higher floors you have to be there. Other buildi...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank PhotoGirl23
Barbara W, Manager at Town and Country San Diego, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Thank you for your review. To provide you on our updates, we began in May of this year a refreshing and modernizing of all our 1,000 guest rooms. Although it will take in total just over a year to complete, this is a floor-to-ceiling program that also includes the immediate enhancement of our high speed internet (which accounts for the holes in the drywall and the hammering and drilling you heard). We do apologize for the disturbance while we’re upgrading our facility.
Snohomish, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

This stay was for a baseball tournament. We were given an incredible deal which included breakfast and parking. They were crazy busy at check in but had plenty of staff with smiles and patience. My husband is a coach and we share accommodations with the other coaches...We were upgraded to a suite that was perfect for privacy yet we were together for those meetings before and after games. A very nice lanai for the rooms too! The air conditioner did not work properly on our side of the room the first night but the front desk had it fixed immediately. Our housekeeper, Veronica, was a gem. Always giving us extra coffee and cups with plenty of smiles every day. With the amount of young men there, the grounds were always kept clean and people always around if you needed anything. The trolley is within walking distance and Old Town and Gaslamp Qtr is close. If you have a car there is a couple of strip malls full of choices of restaurants or quicky meals. Yes, the place is older, but full of charm and beauty...

• Stayed July 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for posting your review. We are so pleased that you were able to relax during your stay with us for the baseball tournament and it was certainly our pleasure to host the event here at the Town and Country. Thanks for your special mention of Veronica in Housekeeping; we will make sure she gets the recognition. Again, thanks, hopefully we can host you again in the future.