“Everything you need under one roof”

Town and Country San Diego
Ranked #194 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Toronto, Canada
“Everything you need under one roof”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Beautiful grounds, multiple restaurants, comfortable, spacious, clean rooms and friendly staff made my stay with Town and Country Resort Hotel easy and pleasant. The main restaurant has an excellent selection of entrees and the quality/taste of the food was delicious. Although I was unable to take advantage of the several pools throughout the resort due to my limited free time, they certainly looked clean and inviting.
The resort is also located across from one of the largest shopping malls in the vacinity.
I would not hesitate to recommend this property for business or pleasure. Enjoy!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at Town and Country San Diego, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
Thank you for your comments and for recommending our property to others for both business and pleasure. I hope that you return soon so that you can actually enjoy one of our 3 swimming pools and relax a bit. Again, thanks.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (739)
  • Polish first
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Located on a large chunk of land between the interstate and a Mall, this is an interesting place. It is a little rough around the edges in places but has a lot to like and I would far rather stay here than a chain hotel anytime. The impression I had was of a property that had been allowed to run down and is now being brought back to life. The roughness seems more towards the rear of the property where you will find a lot of chipped paint and dirty looking concrete walkways, but there is also a very- much- in- evidence spruce up program under way. There was nothing objectional - just little things. I was like seeing a well dressed man wearing a pair of run down shoes. On the plus side, it is very reasonably priced and everyone on staff that I met was extremely friendly and helpful.
The property has a mixture of accommodation styles ranging from garden cottages to a nine story outside corridor cement block tower that is straight out of the 1970’s Holiday Inn design book. I booked a room in the tower as it was closest to the convention center, and it was ok, clean and well furnished with a balcony overlooking a swimming pool and gardens. One minor discontent is that the curtains were not light blocking and the exterior lighting from the hotel facade was fairly bright going to sleep. They were in the process of renovating a significant number of rooms on my floor and perhaps this will be addressed. Several garden style rooms had open doors as I walked around, and the ones I saw looked to be furnished about the same as my room in the tower. The advantage of the garden rooms is that the gardens are truly spectacular, meandering between the buildings, set with fountains and gazebos and lots of little nooks to rest and read a book. Most of the room blocks in the gardens area have very deep porch style roofs extending well away from the front of the building so you could never describe any of the rooms a sunny, but if you are visiting in the depths of summer that is probably a good thing.
It pays to ask a lot of questions about the room you are getting when you make a booking. ‘Without a view’ probably means you have a blank wall a few feet from your window. Some of the garden units face parking areas, while others have a large garden with gazebos and large swatches of lawn. Pool side accommodations may mean minimum privacy as people walk by, or it could bring you a private patio with mature plantings surrounding and great privacy. Ask a lot of questions.
The on-site food is good, with Trellises being favored over the Irish pub in my book. There are also several good restaurants in the Fashion Valley Mall, a two minute walk from the back of the property.
Parking and internet are separate charges, although they do offer a bundle package that gets you both for $14.95 per night.
Also, it is worth checking discount hotel sites if you are planning to stay here. I met several people who had booked rooms through a discounter and were paying up to $50.00 below the convention rate I was booked at.
I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We appreciate your taking the time to really point out different things. As you mentioned, a lot will be addressed with our renovation which is currently underway. We look forward to having you with us again.
Midway, Kentucky
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Everything about the resort is great. the grounds are immaculate. The rooms are very comfortable. The BEST eggs benedict are at Trellises restaurant. It is located in the heart of the property. We were fortunate to be served by Pati Muklevicz. She's been there for as long as I can remember. She has a way of making everyone feel like a local and not a tourist. Next time you're in San Diego, stop by and see Pati at Trellises. And no, I do not work for the restaurant or resort. I just know the BEST eggs benedict when I taste them.

Richard Wira

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank RichardWira
Barbara W, Manager at Town and Country San Diego, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Thank you so much for your very nice comments about the resort’s rooms and grounds, and the eggs Benedict that we serve in Trellises by our very special server Pati. We appreciate your taking the time to let us and others know where they can find the best eggs Benedict in town. We look forward to serving you again.
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Huge resort! No free breakfast or wifi but the rooms are really nice!

• Stayed June 2012
Thank you for your review. Yes, we do have a large resort property, totaling 32 lushly-landscaped acres, and we like to think that you never have to leave the property since we have restaurants, spa, fitness center, gift shops, etc. right here, as well as golf and shopping within walking distance. We look forward to hosting you again.
Running Springs,California
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We stay in the towers/high rise building. We have stayed many times @ the T&C and always enjoy the accommodations. The rooms are very nice;his and hers sinks,nice closet,armoire, for clothing,etc. In the evening we look out over the pool and it's lovely! Some nights are 'movie' nights - great for kids on summer/warmer nights. The staff are always accommodating when needed. It's nice in the evening to sit on the balcony and enjoy the city lights that we can see! We enjoy the stay very much and do recommend this hotel highly!

Room Tip: Overlooking the pool is a great view!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Barbara W, Manager at Town and Country San Diego, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Thank you very much for your comments. We also thank you for being a past guest of ours and look forward to many more stays in the future! It sounds as though your trip was a very relaxing one, we’re so glad our peaceful surroundings contributed to that. Again, thank you very much for taking the time to post your review.
Flagstaff, Arizona, United States
Reviewed June 11, 2012

This property is fantastic! It is so green and lush...everything was in bloom so there were different colors and great flowers around every corner. I think we took more than 100 photos.

The food was excellent, we tried all the restaurants. The eggs benedict in Trellisses were to die for! We arrived about 2 minutes before breakfast cut off time and Pati Muklevicz made sure we were fed. Thanks Pati!! Our server for dinner Friday night at Kelly's was friendly and took care of everything (sorry we didn't remember her name.) Alma is the bartenter at Kelly's and she made us great drinks and taught us what we needed to know about UFC fighting:) Thanks!!

We had a great time and will definately return again. This is defitately a hotel that deserves a day off from touring San Diego to stop and smell the roses. On our next trip we will make some time to just enjoy the property without rushing off to the next park.

I would recommend this property to both young and old:)

Room Tip: We stayed on the 10th floor in the tower for 3 nights, the room was great (a little dated) It was ha...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks for posting your review on Tripadvisor – we’d love it if you’d also post a few of the 100 photos you took while you were here! Thank you so much for mentioning a few of our employees by name – it’s a great way for management to provide them with the recognition they deserve. We look forward to your next stay with us and thank you for recommending our facility to the young and old!
Lago Vista, Texas
Reviewed June 10, 2012

This hotel and their staff were great! From Kristen in their sales department to Katherine, the convention service coordinator my experience was excellent. They were always there to answer questions and help things go smooth. Lauren and Wes the banquet coordinators were great also. The night of my 200+ banquet I was a little concerned. They were there to make sure things went smooth. Wes even made it a point to let me know where we stood so I would not worry. From the guys driving the carts who helped get my elderly guests around to the grounds keepers. Everyone was friendly. The bartenders I used in our hospitalty room were very friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel/convention center to any and all. I know if we do another reunion in San Deigo we will go back to this hotel.

Room Tip: Our event was strictly held in the Regency Tower but some of my guest stayed in the smaller bungalow...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Barbara W, Manager at Town and Country San Diego, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
We’re so pleased that your reunion went so smoothly. Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments online and to let us know about some of our employees who were especially helpful to you. We look forward to having you back with us again.