Town and Country San Diego
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Iris(San Diego)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
The Atwood Hotel(San Diego)
  • Breakfast included
3,750 results
All reviewsterrace cafethe fashion valley malltrolley stationbit datedold townsea worldpoolspaticharliesfreewaycaliforniasdzoo
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 28, 2011

We stayed at the Royal Palm. It's a nice place, the people are nice too but the money spent is not worth it. The facilities are old, you have to pay for internet and parking. On the lighter side, you can just walk to the mall across the street.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 27, 2011

Our stay was a very nice experience from beginning to end. The staff was courteous, warm, and inviting. We enjoyed our time here and can't wait to come back! One of the best places on the property is Charlie's Resturaunt. We enjoyed their food and the company of the staff. We want to give a special thanks to Gonzo, our bartender, for making us feel welcome and right at home even though we were thousands of miles away!

The property was beautiful and full of fresh flowers. The pool was nice, too.

Thanks to everyone for making our stay a great one!

Room Tip: Ask for a King room by the front lobby
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 26, 2011

This hotel does not honor their reservations, period. The receptionist first tried overcharging me for a room that didn't exist by about $40 and then said that the only room available had a sofa sleeper (no bed) and then I would have to wait 1 hour just to see if that "deal" materialized. Needless to say my anniversary was ruined, thankfully I didn't fly in, so I drove the 2 hours home to where my mother-in-law lives (yes, anniversary was totally ruined). If you are traveling long distance, please make sure you check in as early as possible before they hand your room over to someone just coming off the street. I definitely will not use this hotel again for any long-range plans.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ir0nb0y
SanDiegoHotel, Director of E Commerce at Town and Country San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2011

Dear Ironboy,
Thank you for your candid comments posted on TripAdvisor. On behalf of the Town and Country Resort Hotel, I would like to apologize for any inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us especially when you were celebrating such a special occasion. It is our priority to make sure each guest is treated to the absolute best in customer service and accommodations during their stay withn us. I'd like to invite you to contact our Customer Relations Manger Susana Weber at 619-291-2232 ext. 7272 who will be happy to discuss your stay . Warm Regards, Terry Sobkowiak, Director of E Commerce.

Reviewed June 24, 2011

We stayed at the stayed at the Town and Country Resort and Convention Center in San Diego for about 10 days in April, 2010 in order to play in a Bridge Tournament sponsored by the American Contract Bridge League. This is an old but attractive facility. We stayed on the sixth floor of the tower, where the rooms are accessible via an outside corridor. The resort has extensive outdoor space that is attractively landscaped, which concrete areas where large groups of people can mingle, and many places to sit – both in and out of the shade. A Bridge acquaintance said she experienced noisy neighbors next to her tower room, and her room was without question moved by the management to one of the low-rise buildings, which provided complete quiet. My wife stayed here alone a couple of years ago and contracted food poisoning from an off-site restaurant. The hotel staff was greatly helpful and solicitous, and she really appreciated the concern they demonstrated in this 24 hour-period of feeling quite awful.

The swimming pool is attractive and swimmers, particularly children, were obviously enjoying themselves there. Each room in the tower has a private balcony, which suffered somewhat from traffic noise from the expressway about a half a mile away, in addition to the temperature being generally on the cool side to sit out in the shade while we were there. An attractive feature was that our room had two bathroom sinks, which allowed us to dress in the morning and get ready for bed at night without getting in each other’s way – a feature we do not often encounter in hotels.

We sampled the moderately-priced restaurants on site, but not their high-end restaurant. These were certainly adequate although not outstanding.

A most wonderful feature of the Resort is being only about a half mile from Fashion Valley, an upscale outdoor mall. About half way to the mall there is a stop for the San Diego light rail system and a major bus stop. I am sure one can go to lots of places from there using public transport, although we did not explore this. Fashion Valley is a pleasant and attractive place – even for me who hates to shop. It also offers a number of good dining choices. Our favorites included the restaurant in Nordstrom, the California Pizza Kitchen, and the Haagen Dazs ice cream store which is easily spotted from the entrance to California Pizza.

We used Super Shuttle to get to and from the airport. This is efficient and reasonably priced. The drivers were most pleasant. We booked in advance on-line. Our shuttle was waiting for us when we arrived in San Diego. My wife went back before I did because I had a convention in San Diego a couple of days later. Her shuttle was at the Resort when we arrived five minutes before the scheduled pick-up time, and my shuttle also arrived a few minutes early.

During my stay the snack bar closed down for renovations, and workmen were also renovating a couple of rooms nextdoor. I was impressed that the owners are putting in significant resources to keep this old facility in repair and attractive. Thus, the rooms next to ours were not just getting new carpets, but also new closets and I believe new bathrooms. I am confident that we could return in ten years to find this facility still an attractive place to be.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 23, 2011

I recently stayed at this hotel for 4 nights and was fairly pleased. The property is enormous, so I kept getting lost, which I don't normally do. The staff was pleasant except for one incident at a bar/restaurant where the waitress kept forgetting us and then gave us a bill with extra things that we didn't eat.

The grounds are stunningly beautiful, everything was green and in bloom when I was there, you can tell they work hard at it.

The rooms are comfortable but nothing extraordinary; they are showing a bit of age (I was in several). Three of the rooms (different buildings) did not have refrigerators, the suite did. Internet access was wireless, but lagged at times. It was difficult to get a cell phone signal in my room, it was courtyard-facing and blocked by buildings all around.

An added bonus, the Fashion Valley Mall is an easy walk over a dedicated footbridge and they had several good places to eat if hotel food is not your thing.

Swimming pools (at least three) looked great, but I didn't get a chance to try them out.

If I came to San Diego again, I would definitely consider staying here.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends