Marina Inn and Suites
Fairmont.com
$255
$223
  • Pool
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$157
$126
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Omni San Diego Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$282
$260
  • Restaurant
Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$207
$178
  • Beachfront
$214
$151
  • Breakfast included
Paradise Point Resort & Spa(San Diego)
$237
  • Pool
Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$219
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
All reviewsfront deskpacific highwayroom was cleantrain trackstwo blocksclose to the airportstar of indiaconvenient locationwithin walking distanceuss midwaygaslamp districtbalboa parkfree breakfastenjoyed my staycoronado islandtrolleyconvenience
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We came to stay at the marina inn and suites and were warmly greeted by Lauren. She was so kind to switch our rooms so we could be comfortable. I would reccommend for you to stay at this hotel in sd. Also a beautiful view of the sunset on the water.

• Stayed: November 2013
GuestRelationsDept, Guest Relations Manager at Marina Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2014

Greetings Guest!

Wow, what a phenomenal review! We are honored that Lauren took superb care of you. To hear your room and view was sensational is an honor for us. We can't wait to see you again!

Regards!

Reviewed November 20, 2013

I absolutely slept like a baby it felt so nice after a long flight from Dallas I was at first kind of scared because the hotel was so close to the airport but I went into my room I had know it it was completely silent in the morning when I want to enjoy some free breakfast I left the front desk why it was so quiet when clearly there were planes flying over they had told me that the owner had installed double paned windows so that no outside sound could be hurt it was amazing stay in San Diego I will definitely be coming back and on my next day I will Surley stay at the marina in

• Stayed: November 2013

Our Guest,

What an honor to hear you "slept like a baby" after a long flight from Texas! We are so happy to hear you'll be returning with us - we absolutely look forward to that moment.

Until then!

Reviewed November 5, 2013

We just needed a safe place to sleep before catching an early flight. This property was very clean and nicely updated. My daughter and I stayed in a one bed which was very nice but also very, very small. Very convenient to the airport (5 minutes), was a very safe neighborhood and easy access to walking on the harbor to Seaport Village. Would highly recommend for convenience but not for staying long-term for a vacation spot.

Room Tip: One bed rooms are very, very small. No courtyard or place to sit outside.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Our Valued Guest,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to give us a review! I'm saddened to hear our rooms were a little small to your liking. This issue will be brought to my Divisional Manager's attention to take a look at. We are happy to hear the rest of your stay was great! Here at the Marina Inn and Suites, we're always seeking opportunity of growth and advancement. We thank you for informing us - and hope to see you again soon!

Regards,

Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Not a bad hotel for the price, but you're trading some things to save some money. There's not enough parking spaces in their lot for the number of rooms they have. Option 'B' is to park on the side street. There's no elevator to the 2nd floor... Once in the room, there's a decent bed w stone topped night stands, table w/2 chairs and a VERY large dresser (drawers didn't stay shut) which the TV sits on. Good luck walking between the foot of the bed and that dresser without hitting something. A decent sized closet with safe and the bathroom. The shower stall had a bit of mildew on the floor tiles...

The location is good though. It's close to the harbor and airport. You can hear every plane taking off & landing. We used the air conditioner to mask the noise during the night.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 2CAPs

Valued Guests,

Thank you so very much for letting us know how your stay went with us here at the Marina Inn and Suites. I'm saddened to hear a couple of things you mentioned. Firstly, I am truly sorry the furniture was "bulky" and uncomfortable for you. We never want our Guests to be uncomfortable at any time. I wish we were informed of this, as we would either relocate you - or help move furniture to your liking. We're always willing to do absolutely any thing we can in our powers to make our Guests feel at ease and at home. Secondly, the shower issue will be looked into immediately. We're deeply sorry you had to witness that, as that is unacceptable for us - as well as yourself! We hope you return with us - as we strive to continue to learn and grow and become the best we can with help from our Guests like you!

Thank you!

Reviewed October 7, 2013

The Marina Inn is situated near downtown/ gas lamp district, and the airport. It is a very convenient location for the night life and the airport, near old town and not far to get around to Point Loma, Coronado bridge, Balboa park, zoo, I5 freeway, etc... The rooms are clean and comfortable enough for the price. The customer service was very good as the management worked with us through some small issues. The downside of the property is a derivative of its upside. Being right central, it is on a busy intersection. So just don't stay at the Marina if you want to chill out near the pool and have cocktails in a remote, tropical setting. Otherwise, it is a functional and clean little property

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

We're so happy for the great review, thank you immensely! We hope you stay with us again soon, as it is our honor and pleasure to treat you the way your experienced.

Regards!