All reviews sea world front desk mission bay drive pancake machine breakfast room free breakfast yogurt small pool stayed here for nights night stay minute drive old town seaworld parking hie downtown zoo
Reviewed January 27, 2017 via mobile

I booked a king executive room because the description states it was more spacious and had a couch ( which in most hotels seems to give you a little more space). Imagine my surprise when I walked in the room and we could barely get the luggage cart in the door and walk by.

They didn't have the luggage stand probably because there literally was no where it could have gone. One wall was a small nightstand, bed, small desk( no space between). There was probably 2 feet between the foot of the bed and the armoire holding the fridge and microwave. The bathroom is one you kind of step to the side of the toilet to shut the door

When I asked at the front desk about what the difference between a king standard and a king executive was I was told the king executives were more spacious and had a couch. They were some handicap accessible rooms they converted so they were bigger. When I asked if I could get the king executive I had reserved instead of the standard I was in I was told they only have a few executive rooms so you just get the standard king when they're gone--even if you reserved a king executive.

Anyway, even though I won't be booking here again there are some other thoughts for those who don't mind small rooms.

It was very clean, but is an older hotel. The breakfast was average with hot eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy. Cold cereals and fresh fruit, juice, milk, yogurt, breads, pancake maker and I do LOVE their cinnamon rolls.

Beds were too soft for both me and my husband.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego Sea World - Beach Area, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2017

Hello deb801!

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Holiday Inn Express San Diego Seaworld-Beach Area, CA. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment about cleanliness, breakfast and the bed firmness.

However, we’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the room size and lay out. We will look into these concerns. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed January 15, 2017 via mobile

The hotel visit was very pleasant, safe, very nice clean room and the staff went over and above at every opportunity. Marcia was very friendly, even though I was grumpy. She and team made a positive experience for us! This is huge! See you again soon! Liza Hennke

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 13, 2017

I must say I write this review because I'm Grateful to the Staff at the hotel because after a rather stressful day I was accosted by the Mgr. of the establishment and spoke to wrongly. The Ladies went out of they're way to CALM ME down giving me extra Care Professionally I want to S/O Ms ERICA personally Your going to go Far Thank You All..

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed January 13, 2017 via mobile

From the onset THE FRONT DESK LADIES were ALWAYS Professional and Courteous goin out of there way to Accommodate a Special S/O to Asst. Mgr Ms.Yadira your truly an Asset to your Company to Your Profession.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed January 11, 2017 via mobile

Myself and a couple of friends recently stayed here and although we didn't spend a lot of the time at the hotel as we were out exploring most of the day, it was excellent. The front staff were excellent with recommendations and just very nice overall ( thanks Sabrina & Yadi). Breakfast had lots of choices and the hotel was clean and close to a lot of great different sights!
Thanks again