Holiday Inn Express San Diego Sea World - Beach Area
GreenLeadersBronze level
Columbus, Ohio
“enjoyed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights and we enjoyed it very much. Not only because of its locations which is close to most attractions, the downtown harbour area, and airport, but also for the hotel itself. The staffs are very friendly and helpful. The continental breakfast is good (a few hot stuffs). The printer at business center allows you to print out the boarding pass before you heading to the airport. The room is clean and updated. There are good restaurants around, and a convenience store right cross from the hotel. Overall, we love this hotel and will come back again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank angela d
SD_GM92131, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego Sea World - Beach Area, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
I am so pleased that your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express San Diego SeaWorld Beach Area was so convenient. We are very fortunate to be located so close to all that our beautiful city has to offer. I am so happy that you were able to take advantage of that and some of our amenities at the hotel as well! Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us, we truly love to hear what our guests have to say about their experience. We hope to have you return again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
ventura county
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

The only positive about our stay was the VERY VERY VERY friendly staff. The location of the hotel is right off a very busy street and between two car dealerships...made me feel like we were staying at a cheap Hollywood BLVD motel. Breakfast: the food was horrible. our first breakfast they had fruit (bananas that were mostly brown and old)...the dinning area is so small and stuffy. Parking: this is terrible, if you're not in the parking lot by 8PM, good luck finding parking. The room: we had a two queen bed for my wife and daughter...the room was SO SMALL we could barely move around in it. When we opened up our window, we saw open garbage cans from the hotel and mechanics working on cars (terrible for a vacation). At night, the light from the hall comes through the door and lights up the room like PETCO Park. The bathroom was nasty, it was so small and it looked like they had not cleaned the floor in years. Walking through the hall to our bedroom you could smell cigarette smoke and what smelt like wet dog. One of the days we were there, they were steam cleaning the carpets on the floors. I'm glad the were cleaning, but the smell was disgusting, and you had to be careful not to step on power cords (should have given everybody a discount). We were so disappointed in our stay that we changed our schedule and left a day early. The hotel amenities is not worth the price they're charging. We are very disappointed in Holiday Inn Express and will think twice before choosing to stay at another Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 477AdamU
SD_GM92131, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego Sea World - Beach Area, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am very surprised to hear that your stay with us was so horrible. I can assure you that cleanliness is vital to our hotel and we offer a full hot breakfast buffet and not just fruit. I apologize for this horrid experience and I hope that you may stay with us again and we can show you what an amazing hotel we really are. We take pride in our hotel and the service we provide our guests; I hope that you may reconsider staying with us.
Green Valley, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a week. It had nicely updated furniture with a comfortable bed and chair. The air conditioner worked well. The room was extremely quiet and clean. My only criticism would be the size of the room was minimal-the desk chair touched the bed and there was limited space for two people to move around the room as the foot of the bed was only a few feet from the dresser/TV. The sink area was good, but the tiny enclosed bath and toilet area was claustrophobic. The breakfast area was clean, nicely appointed and had lots of food choices. The staff was very friendly.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
SD_GM92131, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego Sea World - Beach Area, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear Guest,
I am pleased to hear that you had a "pleasant stay" with us at the Holiday Inn Express San Diego SeaWorld - Beach Area. We strive to give the best experiences to our guests and I am glad to hear that your stay was no exception. We are very proud of our renovation outcome and I am excited that you enjoyed it as well. We hope to have you stay with us again when you are in beautiful San Diego. Thank you for choosing to stat at Holiday Inn Express San Diego SeaWorld - Beach area.
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

excellent day to meet the friends for an outing around the area. good breakfast and fast and easy. Jason was still there and helpful as ever. Saw the aquarium and glider port in LJ. Sat by the pool and read. Overcast a little but the friendly staff made up for it...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
SD_GM92131, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego Sea World - Beach Area, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Valued guest,
I am so excited to hear that you have had yet another successful say with us at the Holiday Inn Express San Diego SeaWorld - Beach Area. Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience and for staying loyal to our property as a returning costumer. I know that our staff loves to see a familiar face time and time again. I am glad that you were able to enjoy our pool and that the location was convenient to your stay. We hope to continue having you stay with us!
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

We blocked a group of rooms at this hotel for clients who were attending a conference at a nearby school. Our group coordinator, Luis Borbon, did an excellent keeping our room block intact and following up regularly to keep us informed of the room list / making sure that our group's needs were being met. He even modified the hotel breakfast schedule to make sure that our conference attendees would be able to eat breakfast before they left for the conference. (That was HIS idea, which he arranged without prompting.) Marcia did a great job keeping track of all of the reservations, and conference attendees were more than satisfied with their stay. Thx Luis & Marcia!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
SD_GM92131, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego Sea World - Beach Area, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Conference Planner,
WOW and thank you! I am thrilled to know that the Holiday Inn Express San Diego SeaWorld - Beach Area not only met, but exceeded your expectations and that your conference attendees were "more than satisfied with their stay." Our role is to ensure that your needs as the planner are carried out and to proactively anticipate the needs of your guests. I am grateful for the comments on Luis Borbon and Marcia Mendoza performances, and all of whom work together for the ultimate goal; success. I am thrilled that the staffs were the highlight and thank you for recognizing the service we strive to offer all of our guests. Décor, architecture, amenities and location are nothing if the service doesn't deliver. Thank you for taking the time to write this review and for Choosing the Holiday Inn Express San Diego SeaWorld - Beach Area.
We hope to see your conference attendees return on an annual basis – I’ll ensure some great signature San Diego weather; year round average temperature of 72 make that easy!
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

My boyfriend booked a room for our stay in San Diego and i was very pleased! Let me start out with saying that the staff here is INCREDIBLE...they are very caring, nice, professional, attentive as they were on top of our needs. The room was CLEAN and updated not to forget to mention they use bath and body works products! gotta love that! and the bed was so comfy as well. The hotel also offers complimentary breakfast for everyone and the hotel is located close to almost EVERYTHING! you def get a bang for your buck staying here! I recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a great place to stay without going broke.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
SD_GM92131, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego Sea World - Beach Area, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Valued guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express San Diego SeaWorld - Beach Area. I am so pleased that you are your boyfriend found our hotel to be "clean and updated". We take pride in our hotel and we strive to give the best quality in our product and our service. We hope to have you stay with us again while in San Diego. Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express.
Surrey, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

I booked this hotel canceling another IHG property that I found way below IHG standards. I am so happy that I did so as this hotel, at a very nice location with easy access to freeway and restaurants, was very nicely kept. The check in was smooth, room was clean, and the breakfast was nice. A lady, I think her name is Elise, checked on customers in the Great Room and there was a very warm farewell at check out. The place felt like home away from home. If I ever return to San Diego, this hotel will be my first choice.

Room Tip: Try getting a room facing the roadside on a high floor.